The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
Jun 15, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #886 of 1,921
Again, no matter how much I burn them in, I'm not sure whether they're changing any more. The change after 2 days (about 16 hours?) was very big, but after that it stayed about the same, or at least, it didn't change dramatically.
So I've resorted to winamp EQ. I've lowered the 3k and 6k bands respectively by 3.1db and 1.9db....and WOW, talk about a dramatic change. They are improved so much. Lessening the spykes at those frequency considerably improved the mid quality too. These iems are impressing me.

Jun 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #887 of 1,921
You guys see this?
Brilliant idea for all earphones actually.

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #889 of 1,921
See what? Are you talking about EQ? I am actually against EQ. Id much rather find a headphone that sounds the way i want and not have to bother with EQ. If i wanted to just use an EQ i would have kept my prior headphones.

Also the biggest problem when using an ios device is that the ios EQ does not work across all apps, like say Pandora, or Bandcamper, or when streaming internet radio. So its not an option for me.

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #891 of 1,921
Lol. Ya thats it. I was thinking about Cute's custom tips that he was talking about form Aurosonics. Which will set you back a nice $95. I am wondering how good or not as good these DIY tips would be. Probably not as good but it is an interesting option.

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #892 of 1,921
Jun 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #893 of 1,921
Wow... Great idea. I am trying this tomorrow night!

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #895 of 1,921
So I just got these recently, and was starting to really like them with the smallest stock tips... until the right channel suddenly went quiet. So now the left is a lot louder than the right. Anybody have any idea what may have happened?

Edit: Chucked them in the fridge for a little bit, and now it seems to be fixed... Still not quite sure if the sound is the same, though.

Jun 16, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #896 of 1,921
Well it turns out the pair I had on order was actually not in stock so I cancelled my order for now and am actually thinking of stopping all future purchases for the next while as I clear out all the stuff I have been buying and then just buy 1 high end IEM to match up to my SRH-1440 headphones. I may actually go PF232 and then get the heck out of Dodge so I stop buying more stuff!!!

Jun 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #899 of 1,921
Ive been trying for about two hours to make a pair of decent custom tips. Im having a pretty hard time. This would definitely be a lot easier if these iems didnt have such wide nozzles. Something like an etymotic would be much easier. There always ends up being one spot right near the end of the nozzle where the silicone is to thin and rips. I also cant get a deep enough insertion. They are just barely going into my ear canal. I may try again another time. But im giving up for the night.

Jun 17, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #900 of 1,921
hey dsnuts can you tell me which earphones ( ckm500 or cks77 ) is more suited for these kind of songs.

and

after ur responds, i will decided and buy the earphones based on ur opinions after u hear these songs using ckm500 and cks77.
also, for example, if ckm500 would sound better than cks77, could u also tell me if the cks77 is still favourable to listen to these songs.
in short, could u juz give me ur opinion on both the earphones based on these songs THXXXX!
ur help is much appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back