The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
May 1, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #107 of 1,921
About the same. Same material is used for the earphone and cord. Microphics are not terrible. Some are more sensitive to microphonics. I was watering my lawn using these. No crazy microphonics to ruin my music..I wouldn't worry so much about that issue..

May 2, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #108 of 1,921
I listen to a variety of music: acoustic, rock, electronic, dubstep, classical, and I'm trying to choose between the cks77 and the ckm500. Which one would you recommend?
Also, are they equal in comfort? 

May 2, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #109 of 1,921
Quote:
I listen to a variety of music: acoustic, rock, electronic, dubstep, classical, and I'm trying to choose between the cks77 and the ckm500. Which one would you recommend?
Also, are they equal in comfort? 

I haven't tried the CKS77 but the reason why I chose the CKM500 over it is because I have a diverse taste in music. So with a music preference like yours I'd recommend the CKM500. They're very comfortable, but only with bi-flanges for me. With single-flange tips they hurt my ear after a while. With bi-flanges, though, I can wear them all day with no problem.

May 3, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #114 of 1,921
I didn't either 
tongue_smile.gif
 I hope they come Friday! How fast is that $15 shipping method?

Edit: I have my tracking and it is in my city

May 3, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #115 of 1,921
Quote:
I haven't tried the CKS77 but the reason why I chose the CKM500 over it is because I have a diverse taste in music. So with a music preference like yours I'd recommend the CKM500. They're very comfortable, but only with bi-flanges for me. With single-flange tips they hurt my ear after a while. With bi-flanges, though, I can wear them all day with no problem.

Thanks for the input. :) I think I'm going to go for the ckm500's 

May 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #116 of 1,921
Good choice. These are gonna win over a lot of fans. To me these sound like a high end earphone. But not with a high end price. What not to like.. Look forward to all you guys take on them.

I am listening to some Rock on these. Man I have to say this has to be my favorite sound for rock and metal..Sepultura is unreal on these.. I do like the CKS77 presentation as well as it has the edge on raw thickness and power of the tune while these CKM500 are all about precision in the sounds. Just clean. Great vocals. For guys that want bass that is both controlled with a solid amount of punch for all types of music. I think these sound great for trance and EDM as well as Hip Hop..

You guys know what these are. These are the exciting version of the neutral sound. I don't know how else to put it..The highs on these have to be experienced. I am a fan of these highs more than any other. To me it is perfect. lol!  I can't wait for you guys all to discover these. It will make you a believer.

Testing out more tunes. Vocal music is so buttery. These sound like a cleaner version of my Vmodas V-80 with better bass impact and extension.
Listen to this if you have his hits. 

May 3, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #118 of 1,921
Quote:
I didn't either 
tongue_smile.gif
 I hope they come Friday! How fast is that $15 shipping method?

Edit: I have my tracking and it is in my city

Took 4 days for me. :3

May 3, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #120 of 1,921
I don't understand how a company like Audio Technica with all their expertise in this area still attach cables to in-ears that produce pretty severe microphonics. Are they just so in it to squeeze every last penny of profit out of every sale or is it just plain incompetence or nonchalance about the consumers needs? This would have been a perfect in-ear if it wasn't for the cable noise damn it!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back