The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
Apr 27, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #46 of 1,921

Quote:
i wonder if they will replace the ckm55 with those? I ended up taking out the screen filter on them and changing the tips to foam, they seem better than stock. I probably should have waited on sending them in if I had know this. 

I doubt it. They have so many of the CKM55s left over I bet they have large stocks of those. By the way these CKM500 sound nothing like those by the way. I hope taking filter out of those ended up getting you better highs on them. That is the one area that was a big head scratcher for me..ATs house sound is all about the detailed extended highs which are almost completely missing on those CKM55s.

Quote:
Well, Dsnuts, I bought the silver pair from the $71.99 seller 
etysmile.gif

Can't fool me about the sound coming from the GR07 
tongue.gif

Look forward to see what you have to say Jarrett..Mine are sounding better and better every day I burn them. I am considering selling off my older CKM earphones and such to get me a pair of CKM1000 to try..Hate spending so much money on earphones though.

Apr 27, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #47 of 1,921

Quote:

I doubt it. They have so many of the CKM55s left over I bet they have large stocks of those. By the way these CKM500 sound nothing like those by the way. I hope taking filter out of those ended up getting you better highs on them. That is the one area that was a big head scratcher for me..ATs house sound is all about the detailed extended highs which are almost completely missing on those CKM55s.

Look forward to see what you have to say Jarrett..Mine are sounding better and better every day I burn them. I am considering selling off my older CKM earphones and such to get me a pair of CKM1000 to try..Hate spending so much money on earphones though.

You should spend that kind of money on something more reasonable for a young man like coke and prostitutes. Or why not a custom in-ear?  
 It would be a great effort taking one for the team however.  

I have a serious question however. If you can imagine absolute neutrality, how would you rate the CK500's lows, mids and highs 1-100, 50 being dead neutral. After I get my CKS77 I will probably sell that one off if I don't discover I'm a huge basshead over night and get these instead. 

Is it your opinion that these might be the best sounding in-ears under 100? Lets make this hype-fi!

Apr 27, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #48 of 1,921
If 50 represents absolute neutrality these would be a solid 60 across the board. Highs mids and bass are all equally emphasized and that is why these have more of a thicker sound than a complete neutral earphone but with this thicker sound comes more fullness and depth in your tunes. Not to the extent of the CKS77 but similar tuning..

I can tell the longer housing with a smaller air chamber in the backs on these vs the older CKM55s closed in design are doing wonders for clarity and detail...But that is not the whole picture either. I am certain AT has gone back to the drawing board and have revamped what was good and bad on their previous CKM earphones and are starting to pick out just the good and putting them on these newer CKM earphones.

While the highs and the bass are familiar from the previous CKM earphones. The mids are what is new to the show and I can confirm the mids on these with the highs are clearly the star aspects of these earphones..Smooth clean balanced sound.. So for the guys that end up getting a CKS77 and think the 2.1 sound presentation is too much for them and demand a more detailed traditional balanced sound.. These are what the doctor ordered..

In my case. I am a fan of both sound so I am happy as can be.. And for under a $100. These are gonna be hard to top. But that is just my opinion.

Apr 27, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #49 of 1,921
Housing design. The good old CKM50 vs the CKM500.. Which one you think is gonna have the better sound?

Also. Notice how the driver housing is now thicker, roomier? This adds to the comfort level, I remember some of the guys that had the CKM50 mentioning how the round housing on the CKM50 was uncomfortable after a certain time. No sharp edges. Better design all the way around.

Apr 27, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #52 of 1,921
The CKM77 Vs the CKM500

Even though the housing is a closed design I have a feeling all new ATs will have some form of air chamber toward the back from this point on..The effect..Sound has much depth and clarity.

Apr 27, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #53 of 1,921

Quote:
Can't wait to hear these Dsnuts! The CKS77 really wowed me.

Exprima, I think we bought the same CKM500s from the same Ebay seller =D. Did yours get shipped yet?

Yep, it shipped. Tracking says it just got processed in NYC. Should be here tomorrow or Monday. Wow, that was fast. :p

Apr 27, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #54 of 1,921

Quote:

Based on my personal in-store impressions with the CKM1000, I wouldn't plop down the money just to try it. My first impressions here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/575709/audio-technica-ck100-pro-ath-w3000anv/30#post_7903106. I've had subsequent test listens with the CKM1000, and I'm still not impressed with them for the price.

Wow, I didn't think you'd be this amazed with the CKM500. If you remember my first impressions in the CKM-family thread, I thought they were crisp/clear with full body and punch too. I really enjoy them but didn't know what I was listening to would be considered awesome by others too. 
ksc75smile.gif

The only thing that bugs me a little bit is the cord. I walk and commute via the subway everyday, and the somewhat stiff cord tends to be microphonic. I've been trying to find something to use as a shirt clip.

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #58 of 1,921

Quote:
I've just ordered a pair in white, from a seller called [size=small][size=small]ace_of_bicycle2004[/size]. [/size]

Can't wait until they turn up :D

That's the same seller I ordered my blue pair from. He ships fast. I ordered my pair on Tuesday and according to  tracking they're already out for delivery from my local USPS. I'm so hyped!

Apr 28, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #60 of 1,921

Quote:

How did you track your order from him? I'm getting them shipped to the UK.

They gave me a tracking number when they shipped the item. Just got them not even 30 mins ago, btw. Here's a really meh unboxing video I made. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back