The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
Jun 22, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #991 of 1,921
Quote:
Again, how do these compare to the superlux? Somebody told me that the superlux definitly beat the ckm300.

Which one beat it? There were three differently tuned versions. I don't think anyone mentioned the Superlux and CKM500 as far as I remember.

I found the new one the HD386. If it is better(hopefully both in sound and build) than the HD381 it might be quite a good deal since it is $35 shipped.

Jun 22, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #993 of 1,921

Probably the F or the white color.

The new HD386 seems to just be just one version. More colors but one sound signature.

You may have to be the guinea pig if you have the funds. You could choose one or buy both a CKM500 and a Superlux and keep which you like best. I'm sure we would appreciate the comparison and you should be certain to sell either and get most of you funds back. The CKM500 would sell and the HD386 would resell well. Not sure about the HD381 selling as well as the newer model which is harder to find, more intriguing, and more likely to get a bite IMO.

Jun 22, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #994 of 1,921
I've discovered the problem I've been having with my CKM500s.

The default tips, the size 3 ones -- the ones that it comes with when you take it out of the package.

One side of the tips are lopsided. You know in the packaging, one of the tips are stuffed into the box while the other lays parallel?

Well the one that was stuffed in there, it is not a circle anymore. It's an oval.

And it's causing sound problems, particularly in the bass.

That's why the size 2 tips sound so much more cohesive. Not enough bass, but the balance gets fixed.

Jun 23, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #995 of 1,921
Quote:
These are technically and sonically superior to the CKS77. Fun factor for a bass fan the CKS77 is crazy great..If you listen to bassy music mostly EDM, hiphop the CKS77. For all other genres the CKM500 are supreme. Agreed with jason. Plenty of good quality bass on these as well. So these might fit a person that listen to more variety of music genres.

But bass kings the CKS77 are indeedy.

Which one would you reckon be close to the V-Moda M80s ?

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #996 of 1,921
I just picked up a pair of these today.  I have to agree with what has been recently posted concerning the difference between the CKS77 and CKM500.  I listen to mostly rock, metal, progressive, and dabble in dub step.  The CKS77s and really fun, but sometimes the bass can be a little overwhelming when you want to listen a little more critically.  The CKM500s so far are just right.  They still do bassy dubstep well enough for a casual listen, but do way better at everything else as compared to the CKS.  Owning both is nice, because I can choose now, but I think the CKM500 will be my go-to, and CKS77 will be used to get my bass fix every now and then.  Thanks DSNUTS!

Jun 23, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #997 of 1,921
Quote:
Which one would you reckon be close to the V-Moda M80s ?

I prefer the sound on my CKM500 over my V-80s. Might tell you something. Actually now I think about it my V-80 is sitting collecting dust.
Quote:
I just picked up a pair of these today.  I have to agree with what has been recently posted concerning the difference between the CKS77 and CKM500.  I listen to mostly rock, metal, progressive, and dabble in dub step.  The CKS77s and really fun, but sometimes the bass can be a little overwhelming when you want to listen a little more critically.  The CKM500s so far are just right.  They still do bassy dubstep well enough for a casual listen, but do way better at everything else as compared to the CKS.  Owning both is nice, because I can choose now, but I think the CKM500 will be my go-to, and CKS77 will be used to get my bass fix every now and then.  Thanks DSNUTS!

FlyingAg You tell it like you hear it. Glad your on board. Enjoy them earphones my friend..

Jun 23, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #999 of 1,921
Oh yea. It is interesting you mentioned this. I threw on my V-80 the other day and I have to say. I don't miss the sound from my V-80 at all. I am certain I am going to sell those off actually..They are great cans but they don't do anything better than my CKM500. I just prefer the sound of my CKM500..I find the highs and the lows somewhat lacking on the V-80s. While it is there I prefer a bit more than what the V-80s have. I do like the mids on the V-80s but the CKM500 actually has the upper hand here as well. More dynamic in each region of sound over the V-80s.

Jun 23, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #1,000 of 1,921
My Meleec tip assortment came in today. They fit the nozzles on the CKM500, im listening with the dual flange "balanced sound" tips right now.

Jun 23, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #1,005 of 1,921
I got my pair through a friend that lives in Japan but there are more than a few guys that got them from CDjapan with good results. I think it depends on how much your willing to spend for shipping but they seem to get them within a week or so. I just know that guys that all have bought them through there all got theirs in a reasonable time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back