The ATH-CKM50. The CKM family impressions..(First look at the NEW CKM500)..Pg 86
Mar 25, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #1,186 of 1,323

Quote:
I know what you are saying about the sound staging in full sized vs earphones as earphones physically are closer or in your ear that being said. Earphones such as the EX600 and even the TF10s are weird in they they both have a wider stage than is closer to a headphone like sound than most. I know the GR07 has a monitor like presentation and sound staging is average for an earphone.. You need to try out an earphone more suited to your music preference. Try out a CKS77.. If you heard hiphop and dub on these I am willing to bet you. You wouldn't touch your Samsons..

For your musical preference I recommend the CKS77 hands down. The CKM99 is similar to your GR07 but leans more toward a musical version of the GR07. There is a bit more bass emphasis and the mids are smoother but something like a CKM99 would be more of a side grade. The CKM77 also is similar yet actually more defined over the GR07 so for critical listening the CKM77s are best but again for what you listen to the CKS77.  The CKS77 would be a different/ more proper to what your listening to..

Hmmm... interesting. I read that the CKS77's bass is perhaps a bit boomy, which is a turn-off for me. But maybe it's not too bad. This ebay seller here is selling them for $52, which seems like a great deal if they do indeed outshine my GR07 for the music I listen to. But I already ordered the Brainwavz M4 for $28 so I'll have to hold off on these. Do you think it would be worth it to cancel the M4 and just go for these? The 12.5mm drivers are very intriguing...

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #1,187 of 1,323

Quote:
Hmmm... interesting. I read that the CKS77's bass is perhaps a bit boomy, which is a turn-off for me. But maybe it's not too bad. This ebay seller here is selling them for $52, which seems like a great deal if they do indeed outshine my GR07 for the music I listen to. But I already ordered the Brainwavz M4 for $28 so I'll have to hold off on these. Do you think it would be worth it to cancel the M4 and just go for these? The 12.5mm drivers are very intriguing...

I read some reviews on the M4. They seem ok especially for the price.That certainly is a good deal and might be worth checking out. If anything if you don't like them you can always return them. But I can't see how those would best your GR07 in any way or form.  Now what the CKS77 does offer you is. These have very controlled bass. Only when your track calls for the brawny bass is when these show their powah! They are exactly what you need for your music. I listen to all sorts of music on them. When I say these CKS77 are for the audiophile bass head. I truly mean it. If they are only proper for just bass heavy tunes I would not care for them much. 

Oh by the way those CKS77s are more than likely fake. That dealer has all the CKM and CKS earphones. 1) out of box 2) almost half price of what others are selling them for which leads me to one conclusion.= Fake.  Always get a Audio Technica earphone new in box.  Always.. These CKS77 are more than worth your cash.

I just did a comparo against a $400 MSRP Monster Miles Davis Tributes. And I am telling you these CKS77 actually beats those for the type of sound they are going for.

If you have never heard a proper bassy earphone on this type of level no wonder you are grabbing your Samsons. Lol!  I am gonna just say trust me on this one.. The CKS77 remain the best Bassy earphone I have. Yes refined they do anything you listen to justice. I can't say that about any other bassy earphone I have at all.

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #1,188 of 1,323
Using the CKS77. Yes even Classical sounds amazing. Strings have substantial weight and listening to this recording It sounds like I am in this particular concert hall. Everything is heard and the roomy sounds of the CKS77. I am telling you guys this double chamber on the CKS77 does something special to the sounds on these.. Everything associated with this recording. Not only the actual piece but every effect of the strings are heard. The natural reverb that is in this recording because of the concert hall..Everything.

In fact the one thing I absolutely love about these earphones. These do any live recordings just about better than anything else I have.. Somehow this double chamber just adds a plus to live sounds that is just too awesome for words. Roominess yet very accurate.

Ya so I just threw on my MMDTs. Oh man no comparison here. It is just lacking that roominess. That reverb that is heard in this room is much less on the MMDT. It is like there is a cap on the sounds on them while the CKS77 does not have this cap.  Not as clean sounding either..I gotta stop A/Bing against the Tributes. Lol!  The immersion factor is off the roof using the CKS77 is all I can say.

Lol! These CKS77 are just ruining my other earphones. I just threw on my EX600. This tune is so flat sounding on them and is missing the depth.. It sounds like I am hearing this through high quality speakers. The CKS77 sound like I am actually sitting in front of this performance.

On a side note. Guys if you want to test out the depth of sound on your earphones. This particular recording is perfect as the reverb and sound that comes from this recording has huge amounts of depth to the sound. If you guys A/B against this piece you will be able to tell which of your earphones have the greater depth of sound.

Mar 25, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #1,189 of 1,323
Oh man, here we go again. Stop tempting me to spend more money!

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #1,190 of 1,323
Mar 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #1,192 of 1,323

Quote:
Do you think the CKS55i will be as good or better than the CKM50 but with a mic as that what im after, or would the Philips she5105 be the better option? 

Review from whathifi (not as great as i thought)
http://www.whathifi.com/review/audio-technica-ath-cks55i

Yes, but with even a better balance over the CKM50 is my guess. With even bigger bass to boot.

Quote:
the red cks77 is so tempting...... must find some money to buy it. lol

blown my budget for the next 2 months on a usb dac headphone amp.

I am telling you guys that are interested in the newest CKS series of earphones. These are unique and greatness in every way. I have yet to hear a bassy earphone that does so many things right on these plus. I just reread over what I wrote about that vivaldi four seasons.. Wait till you guys hear these even on that youtube video using them.

There is a very good chance these will ruin your other earphones in that you won't be able to go back to them. These turned out better than I could have possibly imagined.. It is like Audio Technica read my mind and made these just for me.  I can safely say I am all about getting a good value in what I spend. As you guys should know.

These for the cost are completely worth it. These to me sound better and more complete than a Miles Davis Tribute that cost X3 more. Without no hesitation will I recommend anyone that wants to try these. They just don't get a higher recommendation from me and once you get them you guys will see why..I just can't imagine a bassy type earphone that is better than these.

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #1,193 of 1,323
Now this is just speculation on my part and I have been pretty good about guessing what the next iteration of the sounds that come out of the house that Audio Technica built. But..Now I don't plan on throwing down $550 plus to get a CKM1000. Unless Audio Technica ends up reading my thread here and they all of a sudden decided I deserve a pair of free CKM1000   I honestly think AT is onto something that your average earphone manufacturer is not aware of.. And This is just my thought but these CKM1000s I think would be a combination of one of these CKS77   and one of these the CKM99 .. Notice the CKM1000 pic. They have a similar deeper / dual chamber design that is on the CKS77 but I think they are using the 14mm rare earth drivers that are in the CKM99.. So again this is just a theory I have about how those CKM1000 would sound but obviously those would have much refinements over both the CKM99 and the CKS77 but what is interesting to me is that double chamber design..Basically the CKM1000 will have the accuracy and smooth sound of their higher end earphones but with the roominess of the CKS77..

You get even a higher end sound over the CKM99..I can only imagine how they would sound but those CKM1000s I am willing to bet sound beyond lovely. A top end sound with enough space and air that would make any audiophile smile from ear to ear. Damn. lol! I want one.

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #1,195 of 1,323
Mar 27, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #1,196 of 1,323
dsnuts,

I was just interested in it before because of the bass.

But your review of it based on vivaldi four seasons was the deal clincher for me. Guess the dual chamber does do something else besides better bass. 

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #1,197 of 1,323
That is exactly the point about the CKS77. I am willing to bet anyone that tries one of these will be more than impressed if they hear how these sound and I don't care if your a bass head or not.. I can talk all day long about how close these are to a high end sub woofer in your ears but it is what that dual chamber design does for the other ranges. The highs the mids and the overall complete sound.. Here is another thing I just love about these. The bass does not in any way take over anything on the sound. Try listening to that Vivaldi on your bass heavy earphones. No way. It won't work..

When I mentioned these are for the audiophile basshead. That is exactly what I mean. I demand more out of my bassy earphones now because of these.. These have done more than just give me a proper bassy sound. They have shown me just how over rated and under performing other bassy earphones are from my FX1X, vpulse, to my MMDTs.. Forget just bassy earphones.. Every other earphone I have sounds somewhat flat because of these. 

These are now my measuring stick. Does it do one better than the CKS77?. So far every other earphone I have has flunked. Even much more expensive ones. I never in a thousand years would have put the words. Detailed, balanced, roomy with proper bass all in one sentence. Cus if you have big bass you aren't gonna get detail or balance. Might as well throw those out the door. Somethings gotta give. The more I think about it the more I am amazed at what AT has achieved with these earphones.. They have a unique sound because they do so many things right plus give out this roomy big sound. Just too awesome for words.

I am considering starting a new appreciation thread just based on these. They are that good.

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #1,199 of 1,323
Ok guys I just got my new Sony Z1060 + Armin Van Buuren + Clear Bass Level 2 + CKS77 =

I can't describe how this sounds. It is simply perfection on every level. UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back