The ATH-CKM50. The CKM family impressions..(First look at the NEW CKM500)..Pg 86
Mar 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #1,051 of 1,323

Quote:
Well you gotta understand they are not those Noise Cancelling gadget earphones with e bulky battery case. Once you turn on some music even at lower volumes you will understand how those have a natural sound blocking kinda built into them, I would say up to around 75% of sound is blocked which is damn good for a non noise cancelling earphone.

That's true, though I don't even want to use NC phones! :S, still you got a point and yes....but I think...it's less isolating than the ckm77s. That's why I am shocked.

also...for a new pair of earphones, they got the easiest dirty touch by me. I am not pleased, I wish I didn't wear it while I WAS EATING CHICKEN. Now it has very little little little oil from the chicken...fantastic! Anyways, good impressions so far...I'm smilling! Thanks ds..you got me! I love the soundstage and difference...it doesn't lie on punchy bass.. And I'm just listening to scatman at the moment, can't wait till I hear the artist that does these earphones justice!

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #1,052 of 1,323
Vlenbo you listen to any hip hop or Trance? I don't know if you got foobar or something equivalent on your computer so you can listen to this but here try this out
You can hear this track using them CKS77s they way it was meant to sound.

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #1,053 of 1,323

Quote:
Ya I do have to admit they have only gotten around 4 hours of actual use so we will see what happens after some burn time. The highs for me are clear and clean no harshness or excessive brightness of any type.. But we will see what burn does here. I will report back for some more observations as of now they sound so close to the CKM77s it was kinda shocking. Lol! 

Burnnnnnnnnnn them in.......

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #1,054 of 1,323
dsnuts,

after only using the ckm77 for awhile now. I know exactly why you wrote what you did on the ckm55. the mid-high range seems to have been "muffed". maybe that is a good thing because some of the brit indie I listen can be harsh at times.

Oh, I just can't stop loving  the ckm77 airiness and the details on female vocals.
etysmile.gif

still thinking on the cks77 or maybe a xba-1.......

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #1,055 of 1,323

Quote:
Burnnnnnnnnnn them in.......

They be burnin. Will try them out tonight.

Quote:
dsnuts,

after only using the ckm77 for awhile now. I know exactly why you wrote what you did on the ckm55. the mid-high range seems to have been "muffed". maybe that is a good thing because some of the brit indie I listen can be harsh at times.

Oh, I just can't stop loving  the ckm77 airiness and the details on female vocals.
etysmile.gif

still thinking on the cks77 or maybe a xba-1.......

I am kinda curious about the XBA-1s myself. It is funny but it wouldn't surprise me if the XBA-1s somehow has the over all better sound over the much more expensive 2,3,4s. I might eventually try out a 3 but I hear they have many similarities in sound to the TF10s. Lol. Then I should just wait for a cheap TF10 and slap a Sony label on one side and call it a day.

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #1,058 of 1,323
Ok well then this would be a good segway to introduce another earphone I just got. First I am sorry to say I have never put in my ears an Atrios MG7 or Hippo VB. But I do own the CKS77 and now these. Got these today with my CKM99s so these have been on the burn all day and yes.. These are basically BASS CANNONS!   The Velodyne Vpulse. These are the very first earphones made by a high end SUB Woofer manufacturer.  As such it clearly says on the box they throw you.. BRING ON THE BASS!! And that they do. I can safely say these are the bassist earphones I own and the clarity and balance is not bad for a big bassy phone. I say big bassy as opposed to just Bassy which the CKS77s are. I prefer the overall sound on my CKS77 much more over these but these will be my new BASS kings for sure. The rumble on these things are no joke. They are kinda madning..If BASS is what your looking for bboy. You just found what your looking for. I know what has been written about previous bassy earphones and such and I am sure you have been going back n forth asking everyone.. I own MANY bassy earphone and headphones and none quite have the full end quite like these. These don't just sound like subs. .They are subs for your ears. That is a better way to put it. 

WARNING.. These are not for the squeemish or bass timid folk. These are some big time no holds barred 20DB Bass boost in your noggin, Make you pee a little when you hear and feel  that low low bass type bass.  I read a review how they threw in extra emphasis in the sub bass region and one reviewer online mentions he feels the quakes below 20hz! These sound quite fantastic for bassy Genres but that is all I would use these with and watching movies would be a blast as well. I say go for these. There is NO way anyone that wants BASS not to get it from these.. Why not try something new. I say go for one of these. 

Again I much prefer my CKS77s over these as those have a much more better refined overall sound, better clarity, detail, balance with a nice big bold bass.. These Vpulse clearly has the bigger bass and not just over the CKS77s but just about everything I have. The only ones that comes close to these are my JVC FX1X and even those I don't think has the same level of bass. 

Head to head vs the CKS77. The CKS77 is not far off these vpulse in Bass. Sub bass wise both these are excellent. Full authority on both. The highs and mids on the CKS77s again win out but the Bass punch on the Vpulse is what these earphones are all about.

Mar 8, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #1,059 of 1,323
Holy **** those sound awesome. Would you recommend them over the ATHCKS77 if I mainly listen to hip-hop/RnB,dubstep, etc?  Im a dancer so simply put, which is more "fun" since I like it when the music comes at me in such a way that I want to start dancing.

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #1,060 of 1,323
Plus the Vpulse a mic with volume controls on the cord. I didn't mention that so you can use those on your phone. Read online about them and you will see Steve Gutenburgs review on them. He can break it down more so for you.. They are on sale for $75 on Amazon with free shipping. I would try one out. If you don't like them you can send them packing but I doubt it. lol. These sound perfect for you. As I mentioned before I do prefer the over all sound of my CKS77s over the Vpulse but you want that big BASS and that is what you will get with these. I would try one see what you think. They got a really good solid build with thick flat cord with mic and volume controls on there. Good stuff.

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #1,061 of 1,323
Mine are left ear biased, now im sure- my aurvanas arent.
Now dsnuts, im going to contact audio technica for replacements- anything with less pronounced highs? something not as fatiguing(spelled wrong)? 

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #1,062 of 1,323

Quote:
Mine are left ear biased, now im sure- my aurvanas arent.
Now dsnuts, im going to contact audio technica for replacements- anything with less pronounced highs? something not as fatiguing(spelled wrong)? 

Sorry to hear your having issues with your CKM50s. Though you would be the first I have heard where one side is biased. As far as fatiguing goes, you are the first person to mention this as well. If you want something that has a similar sound signature with a bit less highs try out a Philips SHE3580. These are real comfy too as they are very small.

Mar 9, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #1,063 of 1,323

Quote:
Sorry to hear your having issues with your CKM50s. Though you would be the first I have heard where one side is biased. As far as fatiguing goes, you are the first person to mention this as well. If you want something that has a similar sound signature with a bit less highs try out a Philips SHE3580. These are real comfy too as they are very small.

I'm finding them fatiguing as well.

Mar 9, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #1,065 of 1,323
More on the cks77s, they are marvelous...they sound so good and fun! Detail is still in-tact, however, the vocals scare me, since the ckm77s had this pleasant clear dry voice, but it smoothened out. I HOPE the cks77s won't do the same! I have faith it won't however...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back