The ATH-CKM50. The CKM family impressions..(First look at the NEW CKM500)..Pg 86
Mar 1, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #872 of 1,323
Which one should I buy...CKM50 or Brainwavz M1?

Help me decide.
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #874 of 1,323
Quote:
Which one should I buy...CKM50 or Brainwavz M1?

Help me decide.
wink.gif

I prefer the CKM50 to Brainwavz M1 and M2! Even though mids are more recessed i still prefer them...much smoother IMO (after a bump to EQ), I listen to allot of bass heavy music though, where the CKM50 excel at!
Also highs are much better than the M1 and M2!

If slightly recessed Mids concern you then M1 may be a better option...otherwise I would go for the CKM50! 

Cable is much better on M1 and M2 though, M2 are much more solidly built than the M1 BTW, SQ is pretty much the same with M2´s soundstage slightly better 

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #875 of 1,323
Well, I am on week 3 or so of my CKM50s and they just continue to impress.

They are nearly perfect for vocal trance. The highs could be a tick better but for $30 they have me wanting for nothing.

The bass, the imaging, the soundstage, and the comfort: just wonderful!

My only MAJOR gripe remains the cable length. I have not found microphonics to be a problem.

A truly amazing value.

Now go have a listen to You Won't See Me Cry (2005) by Markus Schulz and you'll have an audiogasm!

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #876 of 1,323

Quote:
Well, I am on week 3 or so of my CKM50s and they just continue to impress.

They are nearly perfect for vocal trance. The highs could be a tick better but for $30 they have me wanting for nothing.

The bass, the imaging, the soundstage, and the comfort: just wonderful!

My only MAJOR gripe remains the cable length. I have not found microphonics to be a problem.

A truly amazing value.

Now go have a listen to You Won't See Me Cry (2005) by Markus Schulz and you'll have an audiogasm!

I agree. I always thought vocals in general excelled on the CKM50s.  These aren't your typical sound presentation. You should hear what that sounds on the CKS77. Oh my!

I have been testing a plethora of different genres on the CKS77s.. Guys these are just stupendous with metal/rock..Even some Earth Wind and Fire.
  My goodness these just are the most musical full sounding earphones..These are seriously threatening my love for my CKM77s..As I am getting more and more adjusted to the bigger roomier sound the CKS77s make. I still prefer the CKM77s for Jazz but these CKS77s are so clean and full it does Jazz complete justice..

For the guys that love that CKM50 sounds. Treat yourself to a serious upgrade. Step up to a CKS77. I am telling you guys. These are seriously sick!! These throw a smile every time I hear something new on them. These have the perfect combination of clarity detail with that full on high quality bass. Think CKM50 on acid, similar detail and balance of the CKM77 with the Bass of a high quality sub woofer all music played on a big roomy live stage theater . IT is madness!!

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #878 of 1,323
Ya. I just started reading that thread. It seems like a good deal but one problem I am seeing on those. I have always read how the build on monster products are questionable but hey at that price. It is tempting it looks like people are swarming to get them at the moment. I just got a new ASG-1 so I am done for buying any more earphones for the month.

My take on all this.? I know how my new CKS77s sound for $100. I have somewhat of an idea about he MDTs. They kinda sound like what these CKS77s do for me. A do it all earphone but I have a feeling these CKS77s have bigger bass. Just a gut feeling. I suppose you won't know until you try one out for yourself that does seem to be a good deal.. But throw in another $50 and you get a ASG-1 which are considered by many veteran heafiers as a top universal. I would read as many reviews as you can find and see if that is what you are looking for.. If you don't end up liking them you can always sell them off.

Mar 2, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #879 of 1,323

Quote:
Ya. I just started reading that thread. It seems like a good deal but one problem I am seeing on those. I have always read how the build on monster products are questionable but hey at that price. It is tempting it looks like people are swarming to get them at the moment. I just got a new ASG-1 so I am done for buying any more earphones for the month.

My take on all this.? I know how my new CKS77s sound for $100. I have somUat of an idea about he MDTs. They kinda sound like what these CKS77s do for me. A do it all earphone but I have a feeling these CKS77s have bigger bass. Just a gut feeling. I suppose you won't know until you try one out for yourself that does seem to be a good deal.. But throw in another $50 and you get a ASG-1 which are considered by many veteran heafiers as a top universal. I would read as many reviews as you can find and see if that is what you are looking for.. If you don't end up liking them you can always sell them off.  

HOLD ON, YOU BOUGHT THE ASG-1 FOR $150??

Mar 2, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #880 of 1,323
Na I got in on the end of the month deal for $190 shipped which if these ASG-1s turn out to be the real deal for me it would be one of the best deals.. I hear they will continue to sell them around the $210 range for headfiers.. My point was the Miles Davis Tributes are being sold on Monster web site for $150.. My ASG-1 was just a bit more..

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #882 of 1,323
Thats a great price. I know in Japan they sell for a lot less. I would grab a pair for that price the cheapest I found is $171 so far. To the guys interested in Monster earphones. I would get one of these instead The Velodyne vpulse. Might get pair to compare with the CKS77 my self.

Mar 2, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #883 of 1,323

Quote:
Thats a great price. I know in Japan they sell for a lot less. I would grab a pair for that price the cheapest I found is $171 so far. To the guys interested in Monster earphones. I would get one of these instead The Velodyne vpulse. Might get pair to compare with the CKS77 my self.

How many days has it been since your order of asg-1s? And I understand what you meant, didn't know the monsters were 150 bucks. So the velodyne maybe similar to the cks77 or even better?

On another note: http://cameragps.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=14464 Suspicious?

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #884 of 1,323
I did some more reading on them Vpulse earphoens. They seem to have copious amounts of bass. But it is the rest of the sound I am more concerned with. I read a guy that recently bought one and is now selling them off. From what this guy says the highs are lacking sparkle and the mids somewhat dry and congested was his reasoning for wanting to sell them off.

So I think I will stick to my CKS77s. I now know why these have such a high level of detail for bassy earphones. They use the same aluminum dampening tech they use on the CKM77s and well as having that 2nd chamber.. The reason why instrument separation is clean..After reading what this guy wrote I will wait on those Vpluse. I eagerly await the ASG-1s however. As per those CK10s. There is no way anyone can sell those at that price. Very suspicious.

The CKS77= CKM77 with an added sub woofer lol!!

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #885 of 1,323
Ok guys the CKM50s on overstock.com is on sale for $25.. http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Audio-Technica-ATH-CKM50A-Binaural-Earphone/4250669/product.html?rcmndsrc=5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back