THE ATH-A1000 and ATH-W1000 will be shipped out on the 28 NOV. JAPAN time
Nov 28, 2002 at 1:56 AM Post #16 of 96
I'm happy now, but I think LT was being sarcastic for my benefit.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 28, 2002 at 2:17 AM Post #18 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
joelongwood
HI: how are you? Thank you for combining the post. It does look better this way. But joelongwood you know I was ceo of team stupid . . . .

Lou, according to my wife, I've taken over your position........the packages just keep coming! Wife quote: "But you only have one head."
tongue.gif

Nov 28, 2002 at 2:38 AM Post #20 of 96
joe, you should have been quicker. you should have said, "and you only have one pair of feet, so why do you own 200 pairs of shoes?"
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2002 at 4:52 AM Post #21 of 96
Wow. It'd be fantastic if my A100Ti's showed up by the end of the week. I got an email today stating that the order has been shipped, but I expected that coming from Japan it would take quite a while to get here. If they do follow the pattern you've seen, Lou, then I'm gonna be a (hopefully) hampy camper come Friday/Saturday!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info!

Nov 28, 2002 at 6:24 AM Post #22 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by Mallow005
you ordered both the W100s and W1000s why?

The W1000's were ordered from AudioCubes. I bought the W100's from a fellow Head-Fi participant, second-hand.

Why? Well, at first I was having a difficult time deciding whether to order the W100's or W1000's, which were my top choices, without the benefit of hearing them. I had heard W100's briefly some time ago and remembered liking what I heard, but it wasn't by any means an exhaustive evaluation. After comparing reviews of the W100's and W2002's, and trying to make educated guesses about what the W1000's might sound like, I went ahead and ordered the W1000's. Honestly, I still felt a little uncomfortable...how could I know whether I had made a good choice?

The next day, I saw a pair of W100's up for sale on the Head-Fi Gear For Sale/Trade forum, and decided to jump on it. This way I would be able to make a comparison after they had both arrived (and the W1000's had time to break in). I figured I could either choose my favorite and sell the other, keep both, or sell both if neither one turns out to be to my taste. At least I won't always be wondering what the other would have sounded like!

Nov 28, 2002 at 7:13 AM Post #23 of 96
You are right gdahl, that is what I am doing too. I got W2002, but I really want to hear the different W2002 and W1000. I agree your statment: " At least I won't always be wondering what the other would have sounded like!" So I may keep one and sale the other one after A/Bing.

Nov 28, 2002 at 6:50 PM Post #25 of 96
[size=small]Speaking of the new AT cans, I just got an email nitification that my W1000s are shipped and on their way to me as we speak!! Hopefully they will arrive safely in the next few days!!![/size]

Nov 28, 2002 at 7:05 PM Post #26 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by ablaze
who started this AT craze man..the whole forum is going nuts over these new ATs
tongue.gif

Audio-Technica started it. I heard their ATH-A9X's.... sold.

Nov 28, 2002 at 8:14 PM Post #27 of 96
LT -
I was wondering how long do you think I can wait before ordering a pair a A1000's without "missing the boat". If I wait for reviews in a couple of weeks is thier a chance they could be sold out? Thanks again everyone - this is a awsome place to spend some quality time
biggrin.gif

Rich

Nov 28, 2002 at 8:42 PM Post #29 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by headfonuswannabe
LT -
I was wondering how long do you think I can wait before ordering a pair a A1000's without "missing the boat". If I wait for reviews in a couple of weeks is thier a chance they could be sold out? Thanks again everyone - this is a awsome place to spend some quality time
biggrin.gif

Rich

Hmm, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to read some reviews and then order. AT made 3000 a1000s.

Nov 28, 2002 at 10:32 PM Post #30 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by headfonuswannabe
Thanks again everyone - this is a awsome place to spend...

After some quick editing I thought this post might sound a little more accurate!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back