The Apache....
Aug 22, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #436 of 511
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmk005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, the AVC-A1XVA is a significant step up from my Denon 5800. You must be having a major blast between the Apache and your new $8,000 integrated receiver.

I like Euclid's suggestion, however, to purchase an amplifier that is not overkill for my office, yet clean enough and efficient enough to present speaker audio as transiently as feasible (within reason).

Try an older Adcom GFA555/545/535 at 200wpc/100wpc/etc they are fantastic power amps and can be purchased in the used market from $125 to $300. Maybe even less. Good luck.

Aug 22, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #437 of 511
I have a GFA545 that I'd be willing to let go of. PM me if interested.

Aug 22, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #438 of 511
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try an older Adcom GFA555/545/535 at 200wpc/100wpc/etc they are fantastic power amps and can be purchased in the used market from $125 to $300. Maybe even less. Good luck.

Indeed, the 555 II is a great amp, and can be had for a song.

Aug 23, 2007 at 8:03 AM Post #439 of 511
Quote:

Wow, the AVC-A1XVA is a significant step up from my Denon 5800. You must be having a major blast between the Apache and your new $8,000 integrated receiver.

I like Euclid's suggestion, however, to purchase an amplifier that is not overkill for my office, yet clean enough and efficient enough to present speaker audio as transiently as feasible (within reason).

I'm definitely having a blast with the receiver. I plan on playing around with it a bit, esp. seeing how the Apache will sound as a pre-amp into the Denon and using the Audyssey MultiEQ for room correction.

Oh, you'd kill me if I told you how much I paid for my basically brand new integrated receiver (it was nowhere near $8,000).
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 23, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #440 of 511
I am in the next batch so the excitement starts to build. Will it be here for the long labor day weekend.
wink.gif

I purchased a used balanced cardas cable but in my excitement in treating the headphone connectors, I pushed too hard on the pin and split the housing. Not too worry though as I talked with Brad at Revelation Audio Labs and he can easily fix it. While it is down there for repair (need both sides replaced) he is going to cyro treat the cable and burn it back in on his audiodharma cable cooker.

He was just too nice so I ended buying his cable too
evil_smiley.gif
so they should both be here but not until after labor day.

Going balance is no longer "Sorry about your wallet", but instead "When did you say you wanted to retire???
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 8:58 AM Post #441 of 511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed, the 555 II is a great amp, and can be had for a song.

x2

Aug 24, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #443 of 511
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just spoke to ray. the apaches are burning in and will definitely ship out next week.

very exciting!!!

Hey David, only 7 more sleeps
tongue.gif

Aug 27, 2007 at 11:22 AM Post #445 of 511
I just got my twisted pear audio opus dac back from Johnsonad today, and I hooked it up to my Apache, sourced by a squeezebox. It sounded really good through headphones, but wow I was surprised when I fed the pre-amp input thru my Denon and used the Audyssey room correction on it.....music never sounded so good from my speakers!

What a dilemma, to listen to my speakers or my headphones....DOH!
frown.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 8:39 AM Post #446 of 511
Someday....I'm gonna get me an Apache!

Aug 28, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #447 of 511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someday....I'm gonna get me an Apache!

sell 2 of your DAC1s and you are there. do you really need 3?

Aug 28, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #448 of 511
Quote:

Is anyone using their Apache as a preamp for speaker listening? If so, which amplifier is synergistic? The longer I wait for the Apache, the more shopping I seem to be doing. I picked up some Senn 650s I intend on buying an APS or Equinox balanced cable for along with my APS balanced D2000s.

They rock.. I'm on my 3rd balanced headphone.

Aug 29, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #449 of 511
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They rock.. I'm on my 3rd balanced headphone.

you are an apuresound junkie. you need help.
tongue.gif

Aug 29, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #450 of 511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The next batch will be ready to ship at the end of the next week. Please send me a pm or an e-mail with your current shipping address, the voltage in your country, 120VAC or 240VAC, the color that your requested, Black or Silver, your real name & your head-fi name. Please stick to the color that you requested as we made the right count so if you change your mind you might not have an amp that could ship to you with the new requested color.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

The end of next week is almost here, is the next group ready!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back