111406_mv_top.jpg

Me likey

Nov 8, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #17 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ariel atom is not on the list.
frown.gif

to put the following option:
Recreational Vehicle (RV) of your choice.

But I opted for Tesla or Vector (W8, ...).

Really I wanted the "RV" option, But I've thought that would have been confusing,
becaue of the title of the POLL (not the thread).
Again, I think that RVs (along with nice houses, family, cars, etc. ) constitute essential part
of the American Dream!

tongue_smile.gif

Nov 9, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #19 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by ambrosecarr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tesla. Electric is a very cool concept, and the manufacturers managed to make it go pretty fast given the limitations of an electric engine.

The electric engine has never been a problem. We could have been driving around in 150mph electric cars in 1970 but we have never had the battery power to do it (until now). At least for more than a few miles.

Nov 9, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #21 of 47
http://www.vintageford.com/batmobile.htm

I hope this works, I've never tried to put an image in a post here. And I couldn't. I suppose that only a Headphoneus Supremus can work that type of magic. Oh well, here's a link.

As far as I'm concerned, the car that is the real American dream for me is the Batmobile from the old 1966 tv series. It's even nicer than the 1968 Chevelle that I drove for 10 years while in college (I was having so much driving that it took a long time to graduate--if I had had an AMC Pacer, I'd have graduated much quicker).

Vrooommm...vroommmm...

Nov 9, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #23 of 47
26pic_sema.jpg

Now if only it was powered by dead baby seals..

Nov 9, 2008 at 8:06 AM Post #24 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's made in England and in the US. Here' the site for the current US producer: Welcome to Ariel Atom

Oh, I did not know!
The brand is English though, which may be the reason...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambrosecarr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tesla. Electric is a very cool concept, and the manufacturers managed to make it go pretty fast given the limitations of an electric engine.

Which electric engine limitations?
There have been plenty powerful engines out there for decades. But we have just recently seen batteries capable of driving them over longer distances.

Nov 10, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #25 of 47
I bought a '69 Mach1 in '68 entirely BECAUSE it somewhat reminded me of my favorite car of all time; the Ford GT40!

....then I just barely missed out on buying a close cousin; a screamin' Yellow DeTomaso Pantera in about '78....bummer; I just missed it!

Nov 10, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #26 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a '69 Mach1 in '68 entirely BECAUSE it somewhat reminded me of my favorite car of all time; the Ford GT40!

....then I just barely missed out on buying a close cousin; a screamin' Yellow DeTomaso Pantera in about '78....bummer; I just missed it!

I'm a bit surprised because Ford GT was made to commemorate the 40th anniversary
of your beloved Ford GT40.
So hopefully you have voted on the Ford GT option. (ha, ha, ...)
The price of the limited edition Ford GT starts at about $150,000 and can reach $225,000.

Byt the way, DeTomaso was a short lived automaker.

Adam

Nov 12, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #28 of 47
Mosler Red Devil definitely sounds mighty tempting. Still, if I were going for something completely unique and off the wall (and definitely not American), I'd go for an Ultima GTR body with a 26B rotary inside. Best sounding engine ever made (and easily 1000+bhp) in one of the best handling chassis ever made... though of course ugly as all hell. As it should be.

Oh, and an old Fiat 500 (not the new one) with a 13B or 20B rotary inside, Lupin III style
tongue.gif

But, I'm not picky. Give me a turbo'd S2000 and I'll be happy as a clam. Though I'll be even happier if we see a production version of the Furai with a 26B inside. Or a street-legal Ford F3L replica. Or a road-going full-spec Porsche 917 (tuned to 1500bhp). Or... damn, so many good cars, I can't just pick one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back