The am I an audiophile game
Jun 10, 2011 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

DigitalFreak

镇老鹰
OK boys and girls let's try something fun and different. Below is a link to a audio hearing test site. Try the test out and once you're finished come back and post your results. This is all for laughs so please be truthful. Hit the link and enjoy

http://www.klippel.de/listeningtest/lt/

My final ranking was in the -21db range. I tried the test a couple of more times and although I was able to get as far as the -30db range it fell apart after that and I wound up being lumped back into the -21db range. Is there anyone out there who can beat me?

Final score -21db

Jun 10, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #3 of 32
I made it to -24db which really surprised me.  After that there was just no way I could differentiate.

it placed me at -27db in the end, but I was pretty much flying blind.

Jun 10, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 32
I reached -18db. I'm pleased with those results. Thanks for the link by the way, it was fun!

Jun 10, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #5 of 32
Much different results with different sounds. "Music T. Chapman" I got to -21dB; with the 70Hz and 800Hz test tones I got down to -33dB. I guess this isn't meant to be a serious listening test, otherwise they would have used better source quality material.

Jun 10, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #7 of 32
i made it to -19.

Jun 10, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 32
got -30db, does this mean I'm taking the throne as ultrasonic grandmaster of head fi?!? But I guessed on most after -21db... got -9db wrong cause I clicked A is distorted instead of Play A , clicking correctly is almost as difficult as a differential equations test

Jun 10, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #9 of 32
I agree with some of the posters that this test is far from scientific. The thing is even though it's not scientific it's still not a bad way to quickly kill  3 or 4 minutes and have a laugh. I posted the link only for the sake of a few yuks. I will say even if it isn't the most scientific the graph is rather interesting to study and your ranking does provide you with a good reference point on how good your hearing is detail wise. Now that I think about it it wouldn't be a half bad test for people with different headphones to see just how much detail is revealed. 

Anyone here with multiple headphones up for the challenge?

Jun 11, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #11 of 32

Quote:
Anyone here with multiple headphones up for the challenge?

It's definitely a just-for-fun sort of thing.
I actually did that right after posting my original results.  (in which I used a pair of SR80s)
Second go at it (using HD555s) and I was having a ridiculously hard time after -12dB,  but it ranked me at -18dB in the end.

Both times I was using Music T. Chapman

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #13 of 32
-24 dB with Music T Chapman (6 Inch). I don't think the files are very consistent - I only failed two, a -12 dB sample and a -24 dB one. Of the two, I thought the -12 sample was at least as clean as the -24 sample. Still interesting. My test was taken with the DT770s, as I didn't care enough to plug in my T1s. Also, my sister is playing Dio in the background on loudspeakers, so my ability might have been slightly impaired. I don't think so, however.

Edited for additional information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back