The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Sep 2, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #2,807 of 2,897
Is hard to find something else that sounds the same, wait actually is impossible. Tera's sound is unique. :)
Yeah you can try out lots of different daps but the tera does sound different. Less digital sounding

Sep 2, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #2,809 of 2,897
Did you tried different cards? Apparently the SanDisk blue card class 4 offers longest playback time, but I wanted all my music collection on a single card, as I listen mainly in random mode, that's why I use 512 SDXC.
I’ve been using Sandisk blue cards all along. What 512 card do you use?

Sep 3, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #2,811 of 2,897
Transcend
I might order one of those. Did you mention before getting a comfortable head band for the porta pros? If so did you find one?

Sep 5, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #2,813 of 2,897
Sorry I wanted to answer your question earlier. The Tera Player cannot be used as external DAC, and have no streaming capabilities, such as Bluetooth and no internal memory. You can use micro SD adaptors with SD cards both SDHC and SDXC are compatible from 4 GB to 512 GB.
The latest tried by me and Charles with success.
All you have to do is to make sure your card is genuine and format it FAT32 otherwise it won't work.The sound is very relaxing and smooth and you will be tempted to listen for hours as this is a non fatigue music player.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you. I don't mind losing streaming and touch screen for the sake of portability and the kind of analog sound TeraPlayer seems to promise. My only fear is how I can manage to traverse through thousands of tracks and hundreds of folders on SD card. Is there any smart way to do it using TeraPlayer's UI?

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #2,814 of 2,897
Thank you. I don't mind losing streaming and touch screen for the sake of portability and the kind of analog sound TeraPlayer seems to promise. My only fear is how I can manage to traverse through thousands of tracks and hundreds of folders on SD card. Is there any smart way to do it using TeraPlayer's UI?
For me the bigger the card ( number of songs ) was the better results for random mode listening. If you are concerned about locating a particular song, artist then I suggest to stick with small cards, 8 GB or even 4 GB so that way will be very easy to navigate at a particular album, artist. Once you start using the player you will very easy adjust to it, because it is fast.

Sep 6, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #2,815 of 2,897
There seem to be 2 or 3 variants of Porta Pros including one from Drop. Which one would you recommend the most?
Koss Porta Pro is only one since 1984, the one you are taking about are just various colours etc, but internal is the same. I recommend to have them modified for best results. And I mean drilling small holes on each plastic that protects the membrane.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #2,817 of 2,897
For me the bigger the card ( number of songs ) was the better results for random mode listening. If you are concerned about locating a particular song, artist then I suggest to stick with small cards, 8 GB or even 4 GB so that way will be very easy to navigate at a particular album, artist. Once you start using the player you will very easy adjust to it, because it is fast.

So the best way to enjoy TeraPlayer is by using it as a ToTL audiophile iPod Shuffle of limited number of tracks? Avoid adding to the SD card the mediocre tracks that are part of otherwise great albums and let it play? Like an espresso?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back