The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
May 28, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #2,371 of 2,897
There are few Tera Players in Singapore as far as i am aware, so hopefully you will get to hear one.
Indeed is the best for me from all the players you have mentioned above.
Different sound signature also, natural, smooth and organic.
Completely fatigue-free. My favourite ever since i tried it first in 2013.

What is your 3 favourite pairings - Cable and IEM with the Tera

May 28, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #2,374 of 2,897
Musicday,

Sonickarma asked about your favorite "IEM" parings with Tera. Only #2 is an IEM, right? But, thank you from me, for your non-IEM recommendations...:k701smile:
I know exactly what he asked :) but i gave him extra information.
My favourite IEM is Ref1 Too. Tia Fourte works great too, but with the Master 1 you get different type of sound with punchier bass and wider soundstage.

May 28, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #2,375 of 2,897
1. Pioneer SE-Master 1with Forza AudioWorks 7N copper cable.
2. Tralucent Ref1Too with original gold/silver cable.
3. Koss Porta Pro modified, wonderful bass, very natural and effortless sounding.

Thanks - Which mod did you do ? Grill holes and resin ?

Jul 16, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #2,377 of 2,897
Listening to Layla (Derek & The Domino's / Clapton) on my Tera player with Yuin PK1s reminds me why I still have it after all this time.

I have a Hugo 2 DAC / Ultrarendu / HD800 as my home system and it is reference for me but I always smile while listening to music on the wonderful Tera. It's a unique product and may not be for everyone but I still love mine.

Ade

Jul 16, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #2,378 of 2,897
Listening to Layla (Derek & The Domino's / Clapton) on my Tera player with Yuin PK1s reminds me why I still have it after all this time.

I have a Hugo 2 DAC / Ultrarendu / HD800 as my home system and it is reference for me but I always smile while listening to music on the wonderful Tera. It's a unique product and may not be for everyone but I still love mine.

Ade
Good to read Ade that you are still enjoying your Tera Player after such long time. For me no other player sounds like it at all. Are you coming this weekend to CanJam London? I am bringing my Tera and try your PK1 if you can make it. Use to have them long time ago. Anyway i am looking for great earbuds to pair, and will be nice to see you again.
Levi

Jul 21, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #2,379 of 2,897
Really good synergy with Meze Rai Penta.
Bass is powerful and the sound is detailed, smooth.
Need to hear them again tomorrow ( that's how good they are ).
And design and comfort is superb for my small ears.
20180721_152322.jpg
Apparently this is not the production colour, probably black. Will check again tomorrow. Available in September for around £1000.
20180721_152137.jpg

Sep 8, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #2,380 of 2,897
I heard about this dap and was very interested until I saw the price. Way out of my league!

Sep 8, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #2,382 of 2,897
I'd be interested at 800 euro but the price now is completely out of my reach

Sep 8, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #2,383 of 2,897
I'd be interested at 800 euro but the price now is completely out of my reach
Have you heard the player itself or you just read about it? If you ever around London you are more than welcome to hear mine and tell me what you think.
Been using mine for nearly 5 years almost daily and still going strong like in the first day of purchase.
A really good portable audio investment.

Sep 8, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #2,384 of 2,897
Just read About it. Thanks for the offer mate, that's very kind and I'll keep it in mind. Do you use yours outside the house? I'd be nervous taking it outside!

Sep 9, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #2,385 of 2,897
Just read About it. Thanks for the offer mate, that's very kind and I'll keep it in mind. Do you use yours outside the house? I'd be nervous taking it outside!
You must be kidding right, I use it everywhere, all the time, the Tera Player is the only music player that can be 100% operated from inside the poket.You can change album, artist, random, change volume, everything.
Nobody knows what you listen at, so if you can afford one, go for it. It will last you many, many years.
And there is no firmware updates, so is very stable, always be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back