The Allman Brothers Live at the Atlanta International Pop Festival 1970
May 2, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 14
*nods*

I think they may have balance issues or not be "real" CDs, but good stuff. I had very low (0.x) ripping speeds on the beginning of the first track of disc 1, and on the last track of disc 2.

May 2, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #3 of 14
I just picked this up a couple days ago, and while it is not as good as Live at the Fillmore East (IMO), it is still a kick ass CD. I just love the Allman Brothers and especially live.

Play on Skydog.

May 2, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #4 of 14
I love the version of Trouble No More and especially Dreams on this cd.
cool.gif

May 2, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by R_burke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have it, and like it a lot. IMO it's rougher than Filmore East but in a lot of ways it captures the live spirit of the band better than Filmore.

Exactly. AKAIK, this was recorded about 6 months before the Fillmore concerts. They were still evolving as live artists. I also just obtained the Eat a Peach Deluxe version, and the 2nd disk has many of the same songs as the Fillmore disk but I think sounds better. Greg's vocals sound really strong.

May 4, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by R_burke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have it, and like it a lot. IMO it's rougher than Filmore East but in a lot of ways it captures the live spirit of the band better than Filmore.

I also agree. the jams on this album are great.

Jun 7, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #9 of 14
What other albums would you suggest for someone just getting into the Allman Brothers? (besides Fillmore East and Live at Atlanta)

Also, would you fellow head-fiers suggest the Deluxe Edition of Fillmore East over the 'regular' release?

Jun 7, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mher6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What other albums would you suggest for someone just getting into the Allman Brothers? (besides Fillmore East and Live at Atlanta)

Also, would you fellow head-fiers suggest the Deluxe Edition of Fillmore East over the 'regular' release?

Eat a Peach.

Jun 8, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #13 of 14
Brothers and Sisters is often overlooked. It is truly excellent.

Jun 9, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #14 of 14
really can't go wrong with them...I just learned (by visiting the R&R Hall of Fame in C-Town) that Duane played slide with an old cough syrup bottle!!
They are a fun band to YouTube and watch, esp. Duane, play blissed out jams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back