The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Jun 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #361 of 726
Quote:
i just got my my wa7 the other week and to be honest i cant tell the difference between it and my Asus Xonar Xense One. 
maybe i have a heating problem or some thing 
frown.gif

this man's wallet has been saved

Jun 28, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #363 of 726
Listen to my WA7 + T5p combo every day all day at work and I couldn't be happier with the sound.  I am hearing things in music that I have listened to for 20 years that I have never heard before.  Very warm, very pure and clear with plenty of reserve power to put a punch in any kick at any moment without losing the ability to hear the artist take a breath between verse. 

Jul 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #365 of 726
Listen to my WA7 + T5p combo every day all day at work and I couldn't be happier with the sound.  I am hearing things in music that I have listened to for 20 years that I have never heard before.  Very warm, very pure and clear with plenty of reserve power to put a punch in any kick at any moment without losing the ability to hear the artist take a breath between verse. 

Listen to the WA7 + T90 at least five nights each week and feel the same way. Very well put groovyd.

Jul 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #368 of 726
Quote:
Congrats! Liking it a lot with DT880s so far (running the Electro Harmonix tubes now). Must try T90 or T1 one day... . Anyone compared T90/T1 to DT880 (on WA7) by any chance?

I have had my WA7 for maybe 6 or 8 weeks now?  I have listened 1st with Grados, then the Q701's, then the AD900x, and just this very day, I switched to my DT880/250's.  Loving it so far !!

I kinda view the DT880/250's as the middle ground between the AD900x's, which are a little low end emphasizing, and the Q701's, which are a little high end tilted.  All sound good, just "different".

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #369 of 726
I too have been enjoying the WA7 for about 8 weeks with Q701 & Grado RS1 & PS500. It takes them all to a new level but this amp has great synergy with the PS500! Soundstage is enhanced & lows are extended with amazing detail. By the way I went back to the stock tubes for a day and definitely prefer the EH upgrades.

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #371 of 726
Guys, WA7 having unbalanced inputs - does it matter performance wise in any way?

I have no idea about the difference of balanced/unbalanced inputs. Someone on another forum said that having no balanced inputs sucks.

Jul 24, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #373 of 726
Quote:
Guys, WA7 having unbalanced inputs - does it matter performance wise in any way?

I have no idea about the difference of balanced/unbalanced inputs. Someone on another forum said that having no balanced inputs sucks.

I work in the pro-audio world and we use balanced equipment and cable to minimize trouble with ground loops and residual noise. We are constantly changing connections between equipment and mics. Unbalanced connections between a few devices as is common in the consumer world can be just as good with a little care. Unbalanced outputs on my Violectric V800 to WA7 sound very good. But so do the balanced outputs on the V800 to V200 SS headphone amp. Two different amps and sonic signatures. One DAC. Have been enjoying the WA7 with Beyerdynamic T90 headphones for many months now. My goto combination for recreational listening (as opposed to work listening for which I get paid.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back