The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio
Aug 14, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #601 of 726

The DAC in WA7 is powered via USB. You could for example use the RCA outs to feed the signal to some other device - and in that mode the amp can be off. The power switch does not affect it.

Correct!  You can use DAC via USB even if WA7 is not connected to PSU at all.  We do it all the time at shows.  A wonderful feature.

Aug 16, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #602 of 726
I have been enjoying my WA7....great piece of kit and beautiful design to boot.  It's been so pleasing that I have not even tried the EH 6C45's yet after weeks and weeks of listening.  I will try them soon.

Question:  has anyone paired it with the Fostex TH900's that can offer their impressions?  

Thanks.

HS

Aug 17, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #603 of 726
They pair quite well. Fostex TH900 are easy to drive.

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #605 of 726
Hi guys!

I am a proud owner of the WA7 fireflies and i have really been impressed with the output of the sound generated from this excellent unit with my PC. I also own a set of SWANS m200mkiii speakers which i use in tandem while switching out with my headphones on the unit. I am contemplating on purchasing a set of cd player, Shanling PCD300A, (which utilizes RCA) to utilize the speakers for output which will go through the use of the wa7 as well. 
Here is the current setup
==================
PC to WA7 - USB input
WA7 to Speakers - RCA
=======================
As you can see, i am quite an amature when it comes to an audio setup and i need all your assistance in helping me through.
Questions
1) How would i need to change the aforementioned setup? 
2) What else would i need to get in order for me to get sounds selectively on my PC as well as the CD player with a flick of a switch?
3) I have heard of audio RCA switches and most, regardless of the price, does not differ in quality. Is that true Would they be the solution? How would they work? 

Thanks a lot for the help!

Sep 10, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #606 of 726
I ordered my WA7 last week and received the invoice on Monday.  What's the expected wait time for delivery at this point in time?  I heard up to 6 weeks in some responses, but those were back in 2013.

Sep 10, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #607 of 726
  I ordered my WA7 last week and received the invoice on Monday.  What's the expected wait time for delivery at this point in time?  I heard up to 6 weeks in some responses, but those were back in 2013.

Woo Audio must have been watching this thread as I submitted the previous post...I just got shipping confirmation as I hit submit.

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #608 of 726
It didn't take me long at all to receive mine.  Their customer service is exceptional....as is the quality of the product.  I believe you will be pleased.

biggrin.gif

HS

Sep 13, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #609 of 726
  Woo Audio must have been watching this thread as I submitted the previous post...I just got shipping confirmation as I hit submit.

biggrin.gif

They pair quite well. Fostex TH900 are easy to drive.

We're working on getting Fostex TH500, TH600, TH900 to use at meets and trade shows for everyone to audition with our amps.  Keep an eye out for pics on our social media channels.  

Sep 13, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #610 of 726

biggrin.gif

We're working on getting Fostex TH500, TH600, TH900 to use at meets and trade shows for everyone to audition with our amps.  Keep an eye out for pics on our social media channels.  

I've been eyeing the TH900's and would love to hear the WA7 paired with any of these Fostex's.  Should you ever find your way to TX, I hope I don't miss it...

HS

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #612 of 726
  Just received a LG Gpad 8.3 as a gift.  Will this work with the WA7 (drivers, connector)?

You will need Android (OTG) adaptor (USB cable).  No audio drivers required.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Android+OTG+usb+cable&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AAndroid+OTG+usb+cable

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #615 of 726

Good stuff....I love my WA7.

Is the Gungnier a marked improvement over the WA7's internal DAC?

HS

Most definitely.  I'm coming from an uberfrost.  Wider, deeper soundstage, imaging and clarity, bass, presence...  I think 30% better than internal dac. At this point I can only imagine incremental further improvements with other more expensive dacs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back