The album that changed ...
May 13, 2003 at 2:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 131

disturbed

500+ Head-Fier
Music, the ultimate stimulant.

It transports you to a world of fantasy.

Strange how it plays with your darkest thoughts, grabs them when you can't and suddenly it all makes sense.

Yes ladies and gentlemen tell us which album: Changed your life forever?

May 13, 2003 at 3:41 PM Post #5 of 131
Hehe.. Hate to say it but it's Bon Jovi's - These Days. First English album I bought and tried and tried really hard to listen to and like.

May 13, 2003 at 3:43 PM Post #6 of 131
Retur To Forever-"Romantic Warrior"

It astounded me listening to this album, just how artisticly Creative; Music and Musicians can be. Music that has no boundaries and has limitless possibilities. To play and write Music like this, takes much dedication and seriousness. This album is a perfect example of what is truely missing in most of today's so-called Music.

May 13, 2003 at 3:50 PM Post #7 of 131
When I was young (about 11 years old) it was:

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow - Rising ... mostly due to Dio's lyrical imagery, Blackmore's powerful/majestic guitar and Cozy Powell's trailblazing drumming

A few years later it was:

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme ..........it completely blew my mind
Miles Davis - Porgy and Bess, Sketches of Spain ....incredible arrangements
Jaco Pastorius - Jaco Pastorius
Jeff Beck - Wired

A couple of years ago it was:

Jeff Beck - Who Else!

May 13, 2003 at 4:01 PM Post #8 of 131
Enigma: Cross of Changes

before this CD, i NEVER listen to music (didn't know the difference between Tina Turner and MC Hammer back then.) i think i was a sophomore in high school.... and I was at my friend Rich's place. and he placed this CD for me. and i was totally digging it! never listened to music before that.... before i was what.... um, 14-15? something like that. right after that, i told my dad i wanted a CD player....... the rest is history.

May 13, 2003 at 4:02 PM Post #9 of 131
Nirvana's In Utero--

There was something very pure and un-adult-infected about Kurt Cobain's music-- it was like he had a direct channel to the spiritworld or something. The music was very authentic.

Also,

Early REM (Chronic Town EP, Murmus, Reckoning) albums also had an affect because they seemed to come from a different place than the music that was out then and the few years before. I was starting to lose interest in music and then started listening to indie rock and it was very invigorating/inspiring.

May 13, 2003 at 4:46 PM Post #11 of 131
NIGHTWISH - Oceanborn. I don't listen to this album much anymore, but it introduced me to a world of female-fronted metal bands that I never suspected existed. Here was a sound that I had been searching for for years, without specifically knowing what it was exactly that I hoped to find. This discovery made even more impact on me because at that time I was just coming out of a period of several years when I didn't listen to music at all. Yes, disturbed, music is perhaps the ultimate stimulant.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2003 at 8:20 PM Post #14 of 131
Quote:

Originally posted by terrymx
all music i listen to change me... for the worse

i know exactly what you mean.

sunny day real estate - diary

maybe it was because of the girl that showed me this album, or the strange strand of moments we had with each other, but for some reason i'll always hold this album dear to my tiny black heart.

radiohead - amnesiac

never have i listened to an album for the first time and said "this will be my favorite album ever" until this one. it taught me that suicide can be beautiful and that a rock band can use electronics and everything turn out okay in the end.

smashing pumpkins - mellon collie and the infinite sadness

love is suicide.

May 13, 2003 at 9:06 PM Post #15 of 131
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
i know exactly what you mean.

sunny day real estate - diary

maybe it was because of the girl that showed me this album, or the strange strand of moments we had with each other, but for some reason i'll always hold this album dear to my tiny black heart.

radiohead - amnesiac

never have i listened to an album for the first time and said "this will be my favorite album ever" until this one. it taught me that suicide can be beautiful and that a rock band can use electronics and everything turn out okay in the end.

smashing pumpkins - mellon collie and the infinite sadness

love is suicide.

It's funny (or maybe not) how suicide has become a more popular musical theme. Your comments reminded me of another album that is worthy of the phrase "suicide can be beautiful":

SINERGY - Suicide By My Side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back