The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
Dec 13, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #4,306 of 4,580
My K7xx are rather nice, but my wife took my K702's from me as as she said they were now surplus to requirement. I then went and bought K712 which are much better than both. So to surmise: they are all fabulous AKG headphones but you get what you pay for. I will always pick the K712's except if I'm wearing my Audeze LCD-x's

Dec 17, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #4,308 of 4,580
  Hey guys, I recently purchased a K7XX which I'm yet to receive and was looking out for a DAC/AMP to pair it with. Now, the issue is that for the moment I need something portable, so I can use it on the go (with other cans, obviously) as well. I understand I might not be able to drive them to full potential but I'm willing to compromise a little.

This is my shortlist, if anyone has experience pairing the K7XX with any of the following and could let me know a few comments I'd be very grateful!

- Oppo HA-2 (SE)
- Fiio E18
- Cayin C5DAC
- Shanling H3
- Dragonfly Black / Red
- Fiio X3 ii (yes, it's a DAP, I'm considering this option as well)

Thanks!

Xduoo XD05! 

My K7xx are rather nice, but my wife took my K701's from me as as she said they were now surplus to requirement. I then went and bought K712 which are much better than both. So to surmise: they are all fabulous AKG headphones but you get what you pay for. I will always pick the K712's except if I'm wearing my Audeze LCD-x's

In what possible way? ... That's BS. K712 is NOT better than K7XX. They are different yes but it isn't much better. Also in some countries the K712 is having a MASSIVE pricecut which prices them lower than the K7XX. So those I will get what I paid for which is less than the K7XX?

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #4,309 of 4,580
  Xduoo XD05! 

In what possible way? ... That's BS. K712 is NOT better than K7XX. They are different yes but it isn't much better. Also in some countries the K712 is having a MASSIVE pricecut which prices them lower than the K7XX. So those I will get what I paid for which is less than the K7XX?

It's not "BS" if it's his opinion! His hearing may just be better than yours. Why do so many people thing that everyone's hearing is the same? Or why do so many think that their hearing is the standard by which products should be judged? 

kev

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #4,310 of 4,580
  It's not "BS" if it's his opinion! His hearing may just be better than yours. Why do so many people thing that everyone's hearing is the same? Or why do so many think that their hearing is the standard by which products should be judged? 

kev

LOLz, maybe everyone should include picture of their ears while posting reviews.

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #4,315 of 4,580
I'm not sure how the K712 could be better than the K7XX. I own both and to my ears they are identical in sound.  The velour of the K7XX feels a little different..that's it.
I wonder if we are hearing these differences due to variances in the AKG production. My K712 are made in Austria; my K7XX are from the first batch.

Dec 18, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #4,316 of 4,580
  I'm not sure how the K712 could be better than the K7XX. I own both and to my ears they are identical in sound.  The velour of the K7XX feels a little different..that's it.
I wonder if we are hearing these differences due to variances in the AKG production. My K712 are made in Austria; my K7XX are from the first batch.

Indeed. Although I say they are different they are different as in the K712 that isn't made in austria and my K7XX is also from the first batch, the K712 is has slightly less veil but more shrillness, unfortunately.

The shrillness does not make it a WAY better headphone

Dec 18, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #4,317 of 4,580
I just got AKG K7XX. On a  first listen I was very much surprised how good these cans are. It is huge improvement in comparison to AKG Q701, that I own for couple of years now. They are easier to drive than Q701 but still pritty hungry for power. I believe that headphone amp with 1W @ 32 Ohms is a minimum for proper driving of these cans.

I am also thinking that these cans are playing way out of its price league. They are really an excellent buy ...

Dec 18, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #4,320 of 4,580
Hi, I just received the 7xx and as first impressions I must say that they are very similar to the 712
but listen more and better low frequencies in the 7xx

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back