The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
Oct 28, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #3,062 of 4,580
Cage match, right? Are you taking bets?

dt880smile.png

Since I'm the ref I'll leave it to you guys to take bets.  The loser is being sold sooner than the winner though, so it's a high stakes matchup.

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #3,069 of 4,580
  well, customs is an issue.. shipping was definitely reasonable!

Yeah, I'm expecting a chunk of import duties. I could have sent the package to a friend in the States and avoided as high duties, but I figured I was already saving quite a bit of money than buying the Annies (though the Annies are made in Austria versus China like the K7XX's) and using Massdrop, so I didn't mind.

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #3,070 of 4,580

Yeah, I'm expecting a chunk of import duties. I could have sent the package to a friend in the States and avoided as high duties, but I figured I was already saving quite a bit of money than buying the Annies (though the Annies are made in Austria versus China like the K7XX's) and using Massdrop, so I didn't mind.

some people ended up spending ~80 euros on customs, according to the discussion on massdrop.. so that versus getting a 712 pro or r70x for a little bit more didn't tip the scales in favour of the chinese k7xx for me

Oct 28, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #3,071 of 4,580
  some people ended up spending ~80 euros on customs, according to the discussion on massdrop.. so that versus getting a 712 pro or r70x for a little bit more didn't tip the scales in favour of the chinese k7xx for me

€80...dafuq?! 25% of $230 is not €80. It should be more like €45-55. Well, according to dutycalculator.com, it should be €49.

Oct 28, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #3,073 of 4,580
Yeah I know, I saw that too. But that's what they said. Something about handling or processing fee if I remember right. Either way, €50 is still a lot though

Yeah, I'm starting to regret not doing it your way.

I was also charged €40 yesterday for the NFB-15, even though Audio-GD said they would mark the package at $80. Maybe they did, but €40 is what the charge is for an $80 package. If Audio-GD had marked it at the full value ($300), it should have been a lot more than €40, making me think that €40 is the charge for an $80 package. If so, that is an absolute joke and nothing more than a disgusting rip-off. I will be so pissed if I'm bitten with an €80 fee. I'll pay my 25% tax according to VAT rate, but I won't pay an exorbitant "handling charge" BS, which is basically just someone checking the price of the package and adding VAT to it. Handling charge my ass.

Oct 28, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #3,075 of 4,580

I am sorry if I took your words without citation (plagiarism .)  I would only have  done that  sub consciously, your thoughts must have been- as they say today- impactful! 
I owned  the AKG K701 but they got stolen from me in a divorce.  I actually like the crystalline,  holographic, analytic, clear clean and transparent treble, that seems to annoy so many. My JM Focal Electras were that way , and needed the right tube monobloc amps to make them sing.   . 
I think  the vast majority of burn in change happens relatively early.  After  100 hours I tend to think it's mostly over with.  Yes it seems that things get better over the long run but I am usually tweaking my system and don't know if it is the tweak, burn in or some other source at work.
I own the 7XXs and the HD 700 Sennheisers, I favor the Senns most of the time, but I still use the AKGs often enough that I am not selling them.  Can't say the same for my relatively inexpensive Beyer 770 Pro 32 Ohm. I guess I should sell them but what can I realistically think I can get for them?  Not a lot of dinero,  so going through with a sale and the potentially psychotic obsessive  buyer keeps me from selling..
I prolly should sell some of my small signal tubes.  I have a ridiculous number of them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back