The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
Dec 30, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #1,006 of 4,580
Mine finally arrived. The last pair of AKGs I owned were the original K701s which, coming from MB Quarts (rather Beyer-like in comfort) were torture devices and too bereft of bass to be really enjoyable.  The K7XX very much kill it with vocals as per the AKG tradition but seem a bit better balanced overall. 

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #1,007 of 4,580
I still not received my AKG. 
Try to contact massdrop by mail and dicussion forum, no answer whatsoever.
Should I be worried?
confused.gif

Dec 30, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #1,008 of 4,580

popcorn.gif

Interesting Dave...how are they next to the K701s?

I'm thinking Dave for sure needs to be listening to Geddy off your Avatar album, he will surely know if they are ear piercing then
biggrin.gif
 Happy New Years gentlemen
beerchug.gif

Dec 30, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #1,009 of 4,580
Should I be worried?:confused:

They gave you a tracking number, what does it say? I havent gotten mine yet either, but that's because Canada post is horrifically slow. Relax man, it will come.

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #1,010 of 4,580
So is there going to be another drop for the last 2k units on this? Massdrop's comments section was confusing, it seems the first 4k are sold and spoken for but the run is going to be 6k as I understand it... so has the drop for the last 2k happened already or coming up?

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #1,011 of 4,580
Should I be worried?:confused:

No, massdrop had a lot of trouble with shipping plus it's Christmas season so everywhere is getting slammed.

They gave you a tracking number, what does it say? I havent gotten mine yet either, but that's because Canada post is horrifically slow. Relax man, it will come.

I know right? Canada post is the worst! I was home yesterday morning and the postman just left the delivery notice IN MY MAILBOX indtead of ringing the buzzer. The real kicker is that it was time stamped for 10:30am but i didnt see it when i left at 2:15pm.....

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #1,012 of 4,580
Canada post doesn't even seem to be working since the 24th. Haven't seen anything yet at all from them. Any chance I get I use another service.

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #1,013 of 4,580
Then there is ups that leaves $300 headphones on my front step and rings the bell and leaves. Oye.

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #1,014 of 4,580
So is there going to be another drop for the last 2k units on this? Massdrop's comments section was confusing, it seems the first 4k are sold and spoken for but the run is going to be 6k as I understand it... so has the drop for the last 2k happened already or coming up?

there will be a future drop for these headphones. hard to say when tho.

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #1,015 of 4,580

No, massdrop had a lot of trouble with shipping plus it's Christmas season so everywhere is getting slammed.
I know right? Canada post is the worst! I was home yesterday morning and the postman just left the delivery notice IN MY MAILBOX indtead of ringing the buzzer. The real kicker is that it was time stamped for 10:30am but i didnt see it when i left at 2:15pm.....

I'm from France so I didn't received tracking number, in fact, I didn't received any mail from massdrop regarding this drop. Some French from this thread have already received the akg last week so I'm little worried.

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #1,017 of 4,580
Is it still possible to get the K7XX, or is everything over.

Dec 30, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #1,018 of 4,580
  I'm from France so I didn't received tracking number, in fact, I didn't received any mail from massdrop regarding this drop. Some French from this thread have already received the akg last week so I'm little worried.

Haven't received mine either. I don't really care how much longer it takes. All that matters to me is that I won't have to pay a boatload of customs fees.
So dear K7XX, take your sweet time and be as stealthy as you have to.

Dec 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #1,020 of 4,580
  Haven't received mine either. I don't really care how much longer it takes. All that matters to me is that I won't have to pay a boatload of customs fees.
So dear K7XX, take your sweet time and be as stealthy as you have to.

Yes, I'm worried about that too. But I told myself that everyone is in a good mood this time of a year, even the duty officiers. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back