The ABSOLUTE BEST IEM's under $200?
Jan 18, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #31 of 32
For under US$200, I would go with either Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 Pro or Futuresonics Atrio M5. The Etymotic ER-4P is very good but its somewhat lack of bass might not be suitable for some listeners. The Denon AH-C700 is another good choice but the in-ear fitment may not be what you want.

Jan 18, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #32 of 32
I must second the SF5's. I just recieved mine today (ordered from amazon.com from one of the alternative sellers soundearphones.com, and got the package in 1 day, it was estimated to take a week. Shipping was free, so I'm ecstatic.

The sound is unparalelled to anything I've ever heard. Compared to the er6i, my premium zune stock headphones, and my $180 Audio-Technicas, the SF5's are worlds ahead of the game. Bass thumps while leaving the mids and highs intact, lyrics cuts through the sound like a hot knife on butter, and the soundstage seems to extend far past your head into the stratosphere of your consciousness. Subtle nuances are easly noticed, and all of my songs need to be re-listened to with these things.

Isolation is excellent. Again, better than the er6i's in my opinion, and certainly better than any of my other cans. They barely stick into your ear (more than stock buds, but less than any other IEM I've tried), and yet they are comfortable, they stay in place, and they feel sturdy and worth the money.

For 169.99, I would not look at anything else, especially when most review sites compare the SF5's to the UM2's, and the SE530's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back