The $40,000 question
Sep 18, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #46 of 55
I'd pick the Merc for sure. I've seen too many BMWs lately on the back of towtrucks. Not sure what's up with that!

RNRNinja mentioned the RL. Ahh. that is my real favorite these days. But I really don't see it as a nice Accord. Longer wheelbase, much quieter, and lost more goodies inside. Ah, whatever. To each his own!

Sep 18, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #49 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know, I drove a Ford Econoline for 12 years rain, snow, or shine. But with kids on the way I'm playing it safe. Otherwise I'd be waiting for the 135i coupe .... 300hp and 800lbs less than a 3 series.
icon10.gif

Oh hell yes I think I see a 135i in my very near future. Good taste
wink.gif

No Mercedes I've driven drives like a BMW
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #50 of 55
Get the C-class. Simply becasue its a Mercedes. And owning a Mercedes (a new one especially) makes you feel just so much more posh and part of a more exclusive club, in a higher league
wink.gif

To tell the truth, I don't think you can go wrong with either, but I would always pick the Mercedes...my family has always been Mercedes fans. My dad drives the previous model C-class, the car is fairly new though.

IMO, the previous C-class had a lot more character in its style and design, while the newer design employs many elements of the S-class. The new C-class looks a lot better in real life than it does in pictures I'd say. There is certainly a lot more to a Mercedes than meets the eye, and its oftne the subtleties that make all the difference.

With regards to the new C-class badge, you can choose whether you want it on the grille or the traditional stick-up emblem on the bonnet (in my country anyway). Models differ in the US I think, but you may still ahve the option.

Oh, and take both out for a test drive before you buy. And be warned, once you go Mercedes/BMW you will never go back. Won't even consider Acura, Lexus etc.

Sep 20, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #51 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by plus_c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Acura TL, perhaps?

2008.acura.tl.20130925-E.jpg

The Acura gets my vote! I think they are gorgeous in person.

Mercedes and BMW hit their peak in the late 90's and haven't come back yet IMO (unless you want to get an AMG
wink.gif
)

Sep 22, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #53 of 55
The c300 Luxury now joins the ranks of the 4matic™ equipped Benzs. At this rate I'm going to have to wait a month or three because the 350s are probably coming soon.......

Sep 24, 2007 at 9:47 AM Post #54 of 55
I actually test drove the bmw and kept it for couple of days (yeah my dealer is nice). I drove to another state for a meeting; I got back-pain after I came back. So I settled on the A4, which is a little larger and more long-haul friendly.

But bmw all the way if you are not driving for long distances.

Sep 24, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #55 of 55
OP, don't succumb for lesser brands
wink.gif

Someone recommended AMG....that would be absolutely awesome, but no longer a "mere" $40,000 question!

And definitely test drive the different models. At this level, most dealers will be more than happy to let you keep the car for a couple of days. The guy down the road must have brought home about 5 different cars, each one for a couple of days, before he finally made a choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back