The $40,000 question
Sep 11, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #16 of 55
Does the M3 come in a 4-door?

Sep 11, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #17 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AWD is not necessary to drive in the winter. You can drive any rear wheel dive vehicle safely in the winter as long as you are a competent driver

I know, I drove a Ford Econoline for 12 years rain, snow, or shine. But with kids on the way I'm playing it safe. Otherwise I'd be waiting for the 135i coupe .... 300hp and 800lbs less than a 3 series.
icon10.gif

Sep 11, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #18 of 55
To further muddy the waters I'm also considering....

*Lexus is250. But their website is kinda confusing as to available features/options.

*Infiniti G35. Looks bland but is nearly $7,000 cheaper.

The Audi A4 is both bland and expensive, and I wouldn't buy a CTS with Patrick's money. So its kinda of a tie betwixt the Benz and the BMW with Infiniti pulling up 3rd. I don't need maximum sportiness (They make motorcycles and roadsters for that), just a really nice car that makes me look far more successful than any of my in-laws.

Sep 11, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #19 of 55
actually, the new BMW looks very hyundai, and the merc, dont like the back side, i would relook at the audi A4,

but then again, im more of a "less badge, more luxury" i rather have a higher end acura/honda or lexus/toyota, then a inferior spec BMW or merc which i get billed for the badge,

Sep 11, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #20 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BMW all the way...
They simply have a more sporty setup than the Mercedes Benz'. Which suits my taste better.

Better believe it
icon10.gif
BMW FOR SURE!

Sep 12, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #21 of 55
What about Nissan Maxima?

Sep 12, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #23 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about Nissan Maxima?

Not even in the same dynamic class as the above listed cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja
The Audi A4 is both bland and expensive, and I wouldn't buy a CTS with Patrick's money. So its kinda of a tie betwixt the Benz and the BMW with Infiniti pulling up 3rd. I don't need maximum sportiness (They make motorcycles and roadsters for that), just a really nice car that makes me look far more successful than any of my in-laws.

Definitely the Merc then. I'd pass on the G35/IS250 if that's your intention. 'round here, they're the car of choice for newly independent grads and $30k millionaires. Not exactly the image you're looking to project.

Sep 12, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #26 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To further muddy the waters I'm also considering....

*Lexus is250. But their website is kinda confusing as to available features/options.

*Infiniti G35. Looks bland but is nearly $7,000 cheaper.

If you don't want the maximum sportiness then definitely go with the Mercedes over the BMW.

The Lexus IS250 is kinda nice, but a pretty uninspired car, IMO. The A4 is definitely long in the tooth, although the 2009 model was just recently revealed. Just to throw out another name, would you consider the 2008 Saab 9-3? They're traditionally pretty fun to drive cars and they're getting a pretty advanced all-wheel drive system for the 2008 Aero model which is competing with the Mercedes and BMW you're looking at.

Sep 12, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #30 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by BassheadJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to throw out another name, would you consider the 2008 Saab 9-3

I just don't 'get' SAABs. They could have 500hp and get 75mpg and I would still look at it and say "Why did I spend so much money on this ugly thing?" It looks like a Cylon raider mated with a Volvo.
Quote:

Originally Posted by poo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ducati 1098

I'm too fat to ride a Ducati.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back