The 3D Printer Thread! :D
Sep 11, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #31 of 149
  Just thought I'd mention, I read recently there's been a study done and apparently 3d printers put harmful emissions into the air, so may be best to operate them somewhere well ventilated, that is if you're not doing so already.

Stay safe, looks good.
biggrin.gif

Yes, this is definitely something I read about! Don't worry, got plenty of ventilation :3

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #34 of 149
I have a few ideas of my own! But I'll post later on.
For a start, how detail can the 3D printer be? I'm still knew to this tech and have less info on it.
I wanna know if you can print screws using it and how small would that be?

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #36 of 149
  I have a few ideas of my own! But I'll post later on.
For a start, how detail can the 3D printer be? I'm still knew to this tech and have less info on it.
I wanna know if you can print screws using it and how small would that be?

I wouldn't print screws with this. It might be detailed enough depending on the size of the screw, but the plastic is soft and the thread would wear pretty quickly. Much easier to fasten things with real screws and real threads which you could embed in the plastic anyway...

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #37 of 149

I wouldn't print screws with this. It might be detailed enough depending on the size of the screw, but the plastic is soft and the thread would wear pretty quickly. Much easier to fasten things with real screws and real threads which you could embed in the plastic anyway...

So it's detail enough to make it then? Good enough
Well, I wasn't planning to make screws to tighten any parts. Just to make screws to be able to move some parts for customization, which I don't think will put that much pressure to the screws so as to wear them out. At least, not very soon

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #38 of 149
This is great I'm so glad that I stumbled upon this thread because I am also modding these headphones with 3d printing. I have the Up plus II and am currently printing my design in 2 parts. The 15mm z resolution is so fine and perfect for getting the smooth curves. I've also made a semi accurate model of the driver to use to design with. Feel free to use this to start your modeling. I also have the 3d file if the STL is giving you trouble.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:118288

I'll attach pictures once I get permission. 

If you want to put screws just make an opening for a hex nut of the according size, buy the hardware then glue it in. Its a lot of extra work but its worth it. If you want a final product.

Beautiful baffle by the way!

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #39 of 149
Can somebody show me how does the end of the hangar (the gold/copper/etc bar attaching the cup to the headband)? Or maybe the whole bar? I may want to make a custom piece to hold the cup.

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #40 of 149
Awesome work! I've been playing around in the local fab lab with modding some t50's. Right now my first prototype is sounding great! I will post pics when I get a chance. I am using the 3d model as a basis for a wood design that we are going to throw on the cnc machine.

Jan 1, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #42 of 149
Very interested in 3D printing for this kind of mod. Ordered some T50RP's that I'll be doing some basic mod's when I'm back home after Xmas.

Been thinking about modelling some new cups and getting them printed to see how they sound. Was wondering if anyone has some basic measurements for the T50's? Distances between the main cup mounting screws are probably the most important. If not I can measure them when I get back from holidays! 

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #43 of 149
  Very interested in 3D printing for this kind of mod. Ordered some T50RP's that I'll be doing some basic mod's when I'm back home after Xmas.

Been thinking about modelling some new cups and getting them printed to see how they sound. Was wondering if anyone has some basic measurements for the T50's? Distances between the main cup mounting screws are probably the most important. If not I can measure them when I get back from holidays! 

I think you need to request a_rec for that if he wants to that is.

Or better yet, create your own! With a circular shaped cup, you can use the circular earpads more easily

Users who are viewing this thread

Back