The $150-200 IEMs thread
Nov 27, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #31 of 54
With the 15% discount going on at SoundEarphones.com, the SA6 is really hard to beat. I tried the X10 briefly but wasn't too impressed by it though it's noticeably more comfortable than the SA6.

If I have to choose again, it will still be SA6 over X10.

Nov 27, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #32 of 54
Why don't you consider q-Jays? They're extremly comfortable, have no major drawbacks sound-wise, and you can read several in-depth reviews here and there. They are not very popular on the head-fi due to the trend of the people here to give love to some models instead of the other (sometimes better) ones.
I've found Westone to be very durable and comfortable, but don't expect them to sound clear and detailed, and their highs aren't good at all compared to other models in this price range.
SA6 have some durability issues, but they have great service and replaceable cables, which is a big plus. And they're very detailed and flat sounding.

Dec 4, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #36 of 54
Thanks again to all! The deciding factors when choosing the SA6 were the treble/bass ports system and replaceable cables. I tried not to take the price tags of the contenders into account too much.

They now arrived at home but I will need to wait for Christmas before trying them on...

Just a few follow-up questions if you do not mind:

- How do I know if my SA6 have been provided with the new bass + port rather than the old one?

- How would you compare the Shure yellow foams, Shure black foams and Comply foams (T-100 I guess) both in term of comfort and sound while used with the SA6?

Many thanks!

S.

Dec 4, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #37 of 54
I know this is a bit late, but if you can get a deal on the shure SE 310 (normally abound $250 I think), you're rockin'!
I know the SA6 and Klipsch have got the most attention so far, but I have lots of shure listening experience and I have nothing but good things to say! There's a reason they sell so well...

Dec 5, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #38 of 54
I have both the SF5pro and X10. I've tried the SA6.

I enjoy the X10 the best. The SQ is great. The fit is the most comfortable of any IEM I've used.

SF5pro sound decent but not as refined as the X10 with the lower mids a little recessed. I characterize the highs as strong (not sharp), somethimes too strong where the X10 is crystal clear and very warm. I struggled with the fit of the SF5pro until I started using the Comply foams (T500)

IMHO the SA6 sounded better than the SF5pro but not as good as the X10.

Bottome line, if I had to do it all over again knowing what I know now I'd get the X10 and call it a day.

Dec 5, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #40 of 54
@ S_nyc. I belive in your original post that you mentioned that you would consider a new DAP if you were told that the nano could be beat by something else. I don't know if you're still interested, but I can HIGHLY recommend sony's current line of players. I personally have the NWZ-A829, but there's a new model with the same amount of memory (16gb) that can be had for about half of what I paid for mine.

Search NWZ-S639 and hopefully that player will pop up. From what I understand it has all of the sound features that mine has and I can tell you as a happy SA6 owner that pairing those IEMs with that player should make your ears quite happy
smily_headphones1.gif
I think you'll be amazed how bad your nano actually sounds when compared to that line of Sony DAPs. Hope this helped!

Dec 5, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #41 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bull Moose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ S_nyc. I belive in your original post that you mentioned that you would consider a new DAP if you were told that the nano could be beat by something else. I don't know if you're still interested, but I can HIGHLY recommend sony's current line of players. I personally have the NWZ-A829, but there's a new model with the same amount of memory (16gb) that can be had for about half of what I paid for mine.

Search NWZ-S639 and hopefully that player will pop up. From what I understand it has all of the sound features that mine has and I can tell you as a happy SA6 owner that pairing those IEMs with that player should make your ears quite happy
smily_headphones1.gif
I think you'll be amazed how bad your nano actually sounds when compared to that line of Sony DAPs. Hope this helped!

Hmmmm... I am afraid that'll be for next year's Christmas! :) Thanks anyway for the suggestion!

Dec 10, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #42 of 54
Bump for more SA6 vs. X10 vs. Q-Jays comparisons?

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #43 of 54
Future Sonics Atrios definitely have a solid bass response. The Sleeks and Klipsch in-ears are a little behind in that performance aspect although I do not find them lacking in any way.

The Klipsch X10s are brilliant for $150 very hard to beat if comfort and sound quality is your primary concern, however, recent posts show that the cable has a tendency to break near the earphone body (Klipsch seem to handle this problem under warranty).
You can check out some of my reviews here: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/index.php?p=1

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #44 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Future Sonics Atrios definitely have a solid bass response. The Sleeks and Klipsch in-ears are a little behind in that performance aspect although I do not find them lacking in any way.

The Klipsch X10s are brilliant for $150 very hard to beat if comfort and sound quality is your primary concern, however, recent posts show that the cable has a tendency to break near the earphone body (Klipsch seem to handle this problem under warranty).
You can check out some of my reviews here: techPowerUp! :: Reviews

Cheapest I can see the X10 for is $190.29 at Amazon.com. Amazon.com: Klipsch IMAGE Noise Isolating Earphone: Electronics

Do you know of a deal I don't?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back