The β22 is done! Pictures on page 5
Jan 11, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #91 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its finished, behold! (and excuse the kitchen counter)

Really nice work. Well done!
smile.gif

Jan 11, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #92 of 101
Nice work. I'm not a big fan of the case, but it's certainly inspiring to see that this build can be done for not much more than $600 providing you're willing to use non-exotic components.

Mar 18, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #93 of 101
Hi,
I don't know much about transformers. But I have a guy in China who may source them reasonable for me if I give him the specs. I want to do full Balanced, two sigma boards, and two Transfos? For him to find the transformers, he needs some specs, what would I tell him?

Thanx!

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #94 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
I don't know much about transformers. But I have a guy in China who may source them reasonable for me if I give him the specs. I want to do full Balanced, two sigma boards, and two Transfos? For him to find the transformers, he needs some specs, what would I tell him?

Thanx!

I have two transformers I bought for specifically the B22 lying unused due to other project commitments..
Let me know If you are interested. I would let both go for 65$ shipped. Unshielded. 29Volts secondaries @ 160VA..Plenty of power..they are a couple of Avel Lindbergs

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #96 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you look at the "Power supply" section of the β22 website and the "parts list" section of the σ22 website?

Hi,
I looked, my problem is I don't know what to tell someone when you look for a transformer. I don't know if its windings, or ratios, or whatever. Just don't know much about ordering up transformers, and then communicating that to someone Chinese.

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #97 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have two transformers I bought for specifically the B22 lying unused due to other project commitments..
Let me know If you are interested. I would let both go for 65$ shipped. Unshielded. 29Volts secondaries @ 160VA..Plenty of power..they are a couple of Avel Lindbergs

Seems like way overkill, let me think about this one.

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #98 of 101
Quote:

Seems like way overkill, let me think about this one.

well, I had plans of going balanced too but with the option of powering speakers too.

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #99 of 101
Quote:

I looked, my problem is I don't know what to tell someone when you look for a transformer. I don't know if its windings, or ratios, or whatever. Just don't know much about ordering up transformers, and then communicating that to someone Chinese.

If you look at the transformer manufacturers' websites you'll see what sort of specifications are listed for each model of transformer. You then find the one that best matches the requirements of the project. Do a little homework!

Mar 18, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #100 of 101
Quote:

Hi,

I am genuinely surprised that you're finding an appreciable cost savings for having a transformer shipped from China (after shipping and customs).

Anyhow, when ordering a transformer, you normally specify:
-Line voltage
-Desired Secondary Voltage(s)
-Number of Secondaries (for a Dual PSU like σ22, you'll want two sets)
-Required VA Rating

Look at Avel-Lindberg's data sheets to see how transformers are spec'd. http://www.avellindberg.com/transfor...ange_specs.htm

Mar 18, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #101 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoodySteve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am genuinely surprised that you're finding an appreciable cost savings for having a transformer shipped from China (after shipping and customs).

Anyhow, when ordering a transformer, you normally specify:
-Line voltage
-Desired Secondary Voltage(s)
-Number of Secondaries (for a Dual PSU like σ22, you'll want two sets)
-Required VA Rating

Look at Avel-Lindberg's data sheets to see how transformers are spec'd. Transformers and Power Converters From Avel Lindberg, Inc.

Hello,
That's what I needed to know. I am ordering a lot of other gear, so it would be a throw it in the box deal. Looks like Avel Y236405 may be a good choice x2 for specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back