that one poster....
Aug 4, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #16 of 24
Maxell was giving away posters in late 2007. I managed to get one, took a couple months to get here because they missed a space in my address, and Fedex apparently thought Chicago = Tinley Park. But I got it, just nowhere to put it up yet.

Aug 4, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #19 of 24
Yeah I don't think it exists online, if you take the ones available for instance they are in fact cropped from the original where you can see more top and bottom.

vin80Maxell.jpg

Aug 4, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, C'mon...what you do in the privacy of your own home is your business and should not be shared!
tongue_smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Well, I didn't post any bedroom pics
wink.gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #23 of 24
A good friend of mine was the marketing/advertising manager for Maxell in Canada when this campaign was going. Some injection moulding company made a plastic 3-D relief rendition of this poster on spec for him, hoping he would buy a bunch of them. I don't think he did but he still has the original sample. Looks very cool.

Aug 8, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #24 of 24
There is more infor about Maxell, where you can find who is author of this photo:

Hitachi_Maxell

" ... In the 1980s, Maxell became an icon of pop culture when it produced advertisements popularly known as "Blown Away Guy" for its line of audio cassettes. The original campaign began as a trade ad in 1978 and was made into TV spots in 1979 which ran throughout the 1980s. Steve Steigman was the photographer and Richard Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" was used for music. In the UK the music used was "Night on Bald Mountain" by Modest Mussorgsky ... "

Who ever is interested, posters are all over the net on sale .. just Google

Blown Away Poster Steve Steigman on Google

I like this particular online shop for posters and prints:

Blown Away Posters by Steve Steigman - 91 x 61 cm
(without border: 85 x 36 cm)

Z1158E.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back