THANK YOU PURK !!!!!
Sep 20, 2004 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

tom hankins

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been sick the last couple days and I am with out headphones for about a week. Purk came by on his way home from work last night and dropped of his grado 325's and tonight left off his Baby-O system for me to listen to. Thanks buddy! Got the 325's hooked up to the vinyl system and Singlepower SDS, and the Baby-O with the Cary.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
Thanks for making my days off sick MUCH BETTER.
icon10.gif

Sep 21, 2004 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
I've been sick the last couple days and I am with out headphones for about a week.

what happened to your HD650? did the green-eyed monsters take them?
wink.gif

hope you get well soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2004 at 1:44 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
what happened to your HD650? did the green-eyed monsters take them?
wink.gif

hope you get well soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

The right driver was starting to sound like it wasnt putting out the same amount of volume as the left.
frown.gif
turnaround should be 7-10 days according to Senn.

Sep 21, 2004 at 2:13 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
The right driver was starting to sound like it wasnt putting out the same amount of volume as the left.
frown.gif
turnaround should be 7-10 days according to Senn.

Ack that sucks, sorry man. I have a cheap SPL meter for this purpose, among others. I recently got some headphones that sounded unbalanced in an odd way. When I measured, pink noise test signal was only 2 or 3db off, but test tones at 6KHz and above were off 10-12db between the drivers!

Edit: I agree with everyone else of course, Purk you are great!
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2004 at 4:52 PM Post #9 of 14
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Tom is a great a person and I figure out that he won't last 2 days w/o headphones so don't mention a week. I hope you are enjoying it Tom.
Thanks to Tom, I get a chance to spend a good bit of time w/ his Zu Mobius Cable. The RKV MK-II w/ HD-650+Mobius is extremely liquid. Man!!

Quote:

purk you are great. wanna drop of some hd650's at my gatech apt?

biggrin.gif
How about drop your PPX3 at my house. We can swapt amp ya know...PPA and PPX3.
biggrin.gif

Purk.

Sep 21, 2004 at 5:34 PM Post #10 of 14
You'll have to post your impressions of the Baby O!
As I almost bought one! And have been very curious.
Or better yet when you are feeling better I could come take a listen.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hope you feel better soon.
tongue.gif

Sep 22, 2004 at 1:49 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
Thanks to Tom, I get a chance to spend a good bit of time w/ his Zu Mobius Cable. The RKV MK-II w/ HD-650+Mobius is extremely liquid. Man!!

Purk.

Hey Purk. I am particularly interested in your comparisons of the Zu to the SD. Don't be shy.
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 22, 2004 at 3:08 AM Post #13 of 14
stryker,
I no longer has the SD to conduct a direct comparison. However, I still remember running both of them side by side at Tom's House. IMO, the result is a draw. SD excels in soundstage width, sense of air and space, and High, while the Zu really pump out the bass, and really show the depth of soundstage. The zu sounds more fluid to my ears, but you can't really fault the SD either. Both are excellent cable. The built quality is Zu cable for sure!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back