Thank you for the new forum and one piece of feedback.
May 8, 2010 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Slaughter

1000+ Head-Fier
Sure there are some things people wont like and some bugs still may need to be fixed, but I always thought Head-Fi's forum was too forum looking, nearing Headwize and AVSForum (both of which make me want to scratch my eyeballs out). So Thank You for something fresh and new....and not so not early 2000ish.

I need my Firefox right-click back because I can't spell! Right-clicking in a post just gives me Copy, Cut, Paste....damn you Java!

May 8, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #4 of 12
Yeah, it looked too much like a forum, like it was deisgned 10+ years ago like the other forums I mentioned. Things can a function and form. Most forums only have function and thankfully the new one has form as well.

May 8, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:
This post "makes me want to scratch my eyeballs out". The forum was too much like a forum? Oh noes, try Facebook then.

He is right, a forum is a forum. If you want a cross between Facebook and Amazon only still in 'forum style', enjoy the 'new' Head-Fi

May 8, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #8 of 12
If you want to write short or even long essays, the new writing sections are really good. Maybe we are expected to write longer replies so marketing spies can analyse our writings and as such our consumer preferences, how paranoid...

May 8, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #10 of 12
Head gear database is a great thing - it will be the greatest source of headphone - informations soon:) I feel a bit sorry about wikiphonia:/

May 8, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #11 of 12
From what I’ve read, huddler appears to be a full service platform which incorporates marketing, design, development, AD SALES and more ... Which means that the owner is giving them a portion of his revenues instead of keeping all revenue for himself, therefore if you were annoyed by ads before just wait ...

That said, I find vbulletin significantly better than the huddler platform, it’s more user friendly, easier to follow layout, more intuitive, faster loading, easier to use bbcode and has a friendlier browser layout from what I've seen. Although only time will tell here …

May 8, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:
Head gear database is a great thing - it will be the greatest source of headphone - informations soon:) I feel a bit sorry about wikiphonia:/

Head-Fi really should have just been integrated with gdgt.com. The headphone section is a direct and blatant rip off of their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back