Thank god for head-fi: dumb forums
Apr 7, 2005 at 1:21 AM Post #16 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
We Miata owners are very scared of guys like you. But then we are also scared of cars, trucks, vans, buses, SUVs, the mail truck...

One guy in a center lane decided to take a right from a left turn only lane onto the right lane I was trying to turn into. He thought it looked like $100 worth of damage. $1900 is more like it. I think I'll add a rotating blue bubble light on my Miata - because even when I am looking right at you, with my lights on high beam, you guys can't see me. Guess I have to put back on the truck air horns.

This guy with a woman in his passenger seat practically clipped me yesterday. I was driving to school in the morning and this imbecile in his green mustang comes lunging towards me from the left, I was like "What!!". Needless to say I was very angry but refrained from doing anything.

Apr 7, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #17 of 55
Have any of you ever visited some Paint-balling forums?
I play every once in a while for fun, dont have a great setup, just begin stuff (whatever, its fun only a few times every few months).
Anyways, joined this one forum... I've never seen so many idiots gathered in one place at any one time. I left the forum after a few days. I dont care if there was any possible information on there or not, it was all pointless by the "Man, dont use (insert cheap marker here), get (insert $1200 marker here), I have one and i PWN!". It was one giant penis competition, cept all the members were prepubecent.

Apr 7, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #18 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang
God, I bought a new Civic Si hatch a couple weeks ago and I naturally turned to the web for a little reseach. The main site for my model car (Little did I realize it was the choice of junior hotrodders) is ephatch.com. After two weeks there I'm ready to shoot myself. It's populated by so many sub-25-year-old-feel-my-pain-beyaatch-would-be-racer-cop-haters that the level of intelligence is sometimes hard to comprehend. You write something and they can't even seem to understand the simplest concept. It's the kind of forum where you just want to explode and start insulting people. Anyway, thank god for Head-fi and the young guys who hang out here. Maybe being an audiophile equates with having an above the norm touch of intelligence and class. Car forums seem to equate with dumb.
rolleyes.gif
The Web. *SHUDDER* No wonder I've been at head-fi for three years.
smily_headphones1.gif

What's even scarier is that these guys actually own cars and drive them on public roads.
wallijonn, as a former Miata owner, I feel yer pain
icon10.gif

Apr 7, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #19 of 55
Mr. PD,

Did you give up on the Miata because one can't find comfortable seats? I always wanted to install Honda Civic or Nissan seats in it. My baby is in the shop being repainted from the Red to a Chevy SSR Yellow (U423G). I'll probably have it back in a week. What can I say, I have always wanted a Yellow Miata. I am even having the console, ashtray and arm rest painted the same Yellow.

I've seen the new Mustand in Black and feel that that car is just begging to be in accidents; the Yellow seems too dull but the Grey looks nice. It has a useless rear seat and I'm waiting for the convertible to come out. I think I preferred the 2001 edition.

Man, it's really frustrating finding good forums. It seems that there are too many little kids on most ( like www.hipforums.com ). I thought www.offtopic.com was childish until I saw some really heavy subjects being discussed (like suicide, cheating, etc.), that and the babes. Oh, the babes... (Parents, do you know where your daughters are?) I still frequent www.discussanything.com as it seems to have an adult populace, although I try to stay out of the political discussions. The only other forum that I can even compare Head-Fi to would be www.abxzone.com and that is a PC tech forum.

As for speedsters - you haven't lived until you're driving on the highway doing 65 and two cars pass you going 130mph. knuckleheads. Man, I miss the countryside and little towns.

Apr 7, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #20 of 55
I've been visiting some independent music forums lately. I haven't encountered any real losers or wack jobs -- in fact most of the people who post seem like decent enough guys -- but the general level of discussion is pretty poor. People can barely string a few intelligent sentences together, much less compose long, thoughtful reviews like we often see here on head-fi. Why is it that this place seems to operate on such a higher level than just about anywhere else?

Apr 7, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #21 of 55
Quote:

I called him out, and he had to bring backup from other "established" members. That's when I realized that place was filled with wussy punks who hide behind keyboards

So that was a surprise man ?

welcome to the internet dude !

where any wanna be can act like a real man with some *^&* and never have to dance because he is not actually "there' where you can reach out and touch him!

you called him out ?

what ever could you have been thinking man !
evil_smiley.gif

Several comments on the "cop hating" thing.
funny how those so called 'tough guys" claim to hate cops until it is their ass in the meat grinder then the first call is who ?
Not a cop hating thing but a control thing.Being young means out of control mostly and resent for anyone that would enforce ANY rules-cops,teacher,boss at work,parents.ME
tongue.gif

It would be anarchy without rules and trust me,most that think that would be cool would not last a day in an anything goes society.
Wanna be bad as*es have no idea what bad really is and would not have the stomach for all out battle.They would be running for a phone so they could call 911.

While there are a few jerks that are cops (as in any other profession) you would not survive without the protection this guy provides by putting his own a*s on the line for a total stranger.yeah he gets paid but man,there are far easier ways to earn a living .

BTW-on the racing around crap.

I once was arested and had to pay a fine in court plus restitution because i hummed a rock through a guys windsheild after telling this idiot numerous times to slow his a*s down in the neighborhood.a neighborhood where there were many small children,including my own playing in yards and riding bikes in the street.
This retard would come in and out all day half or fully lit,screaming around corners and generally being a menace to all.I tried the "call it in' way but was told they could do nothing unless they witnessed the act so i took matters into my own hands and told this knucklhead to knock it off.
He did not listen the idiot so when after being warned he continued to be a d*ck i chased him to his driveway and when i approached his car he rolled up his windows.

Huh ?

was that supposed to be an impenetrable barrier to super rick ?

Saved the knuckles and instead took out the window with a nice sized rock from his own garden
icon10.gif

Hell yes it was worth a $250 fine ! felt damn good
cool.gif

you wanna race ? take your a*s to the track or out to the boonies where you are only a danger to yourself.you wanna kill a tree with your car or drive off a cliff I have no problem with that.you want to endanger me and mine and we need to talk.Remeber,I am watchng and there are rocks EVERYWHERE !
tongue.gif

Even a loose cinder block or two here and there.........

Apr 7, 2005 at 6:00 AM Post #22 of 55
Just a few questions:

* How many forums have community gatherings (like our headfi meets) on such a frequent basis, with so much cooperation, with no ties to "religious activities" ??

* How many forums have "trust-based" transactions like HeadFi...loaning gear (often very expensive) and allowing people into your homes?

* How many forums have the sense of "belonging" that HeadFi affords...

* How many forums have members who call each other up, email, pm to discuss stuff like working out, weather, advise, suggestions...

I really cannot imagine too many other communities that have these positive features...most of them have morons trying to do a one-up on the next guy ALL the time...

Is HeadFi unique?

JUST AN EXAMPLE:

Now...Rickmonsteratorgubernatorialmeister and I had a senseless and nasty argument a few months back. Are we still trying to kick each other in the balls? Just goes to show that HeadFi is about people...not about audio
tongue.gif

Apr 7, 2005 at 6:19 AM Post #23 of 55
I guess I've never noticed it before, but this is really one of the better forums I've been on. People here seem to get along (most of the time
rolleyes.gif
) and have real conversations that don't end up in some childish name calling game. Aside from headphones and audio stuff we discuss almost everything else from cars to laptops to watches to knives to chocolate to movies. Even when someone has a problem in real life they can feel comfortable bringing it up for discussion/advice here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2005 at 7:24 AM Post #25 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang
God, I bought a new Civic Si hatch a couple weeks ago and I naturally turned to the web for a little reseach. The main site for my model car (Little did I realize it was the choice of junior hotrodders) is ephatch.com. After two weeks there I'm ready to shoot myself. It's populated by so many sub-25-year-old-feel-my-pain-beyaatch-would-be-racer-cop-haters that the level of intelligence is sometimes hard to comprehend. You write something and they can't even seem to understand the simplest concept. It's the kind of forum where you just want to explode and start insulting people. Anyway, thank god for Head-fi and the young guys who hang out here. Maybe being an audiophile equates with having an above the norm touch of intelligence and class. Car forums seem to equate with dumb.
rolleyes.gif
The Web. *SHUDDER* No wonder I've been at head-fi for three years.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey Chadbang, you should check out honda-tech.com for your ep3 needs, very knowledgable people on those boards.
wink.gif

http://honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=32

Apr 7, 2005 at 12:18 PM Post #26 of 55
This and 3 other forums are my regular posting grounds. The other three are Riovolution (Rio MP3 players), PC Gamer UK (self explanitory), and Dice Troll (Warhammer. Yes, I play that game with the little men). It seems that the best forums on the net are the more 'geeky' ones, as there you are more likely to find a civilised set of people.

Apr 7, 2005 at 12:59 PM Post #27 of 55
Head-fi members seem quite nice, more intelligent and more open minded than members of other sites. I guess that's part of why I keep coming back.

Good on you guys, you're great!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #29 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Girdag
This and 3 other forums are my regular posting grounds. The other three are Riovolution (Rio MP3 players), PC Gamer UK (self explanitory), and Dice Troll (Warhammer. Yes, I play that game with the little men). It seems that the best forums on the net are the more 'geeky' ones, as there you are more likely to find a civilised set of people.

Actually, I've realized the opposite. The geekier the worse. But it kinda depends on how you define geeky. If you mean into electronics and games, no, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. But if they are geeky as in lifeless loser who'd rather stay home and play games and talk s**t online than talk to normal people, then yes, those guys tend to be real a**holes.
wink.gif

And honestly, I think if a site is populated by mostly teenagers and early 20 somethings, then it tends to lead toward stupid or inane posting. Not all though, of course. (I'm a teen myself, so I'm not trying to sound elitist)

Apr 8, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #30 of 55
If your still looking for a forum, check out

www.vtec.net

It has a lot of posers and random stupid questions (dude, like how do I get 500 hp from my civic under 500 bucks?) but the moderators are very intelligent and they have a lot of good articles on suspension work, engine mods and etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back