Thank god for head-fi: dumb forums
Apr 6, 2005 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

chadbang

Headphoneus Supremus
God, I bought a new Civic Si hatch a couple weeks ago and I naturally turned to the web for a little reseach. The main site for my model car (Little did I realize it was the choice of junior hotrodders) is ephatch.com. After two weeks there I'm ready to shoot myself. It's populated by so many sub-25-year-old-feel-my-pain-beyaatch-would-be-racer-cop-haters that the level of intelligence is sometimes hard to comprehend. You write something and they can't even seem to understand the simplest concept. It's the kind of forum where you just want to explode and start insulting people. Anyway, thank god for Head-fi and the young guys who hang out here. Maybe being an audiophile equates with having an above the norm touch of intelligence and class. Car forums seem to equate with dumb.
rolleyes.gif
The Web. *SHUDDER* No wonder I've been at head-fi for three years.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 6, 2005 at 5:48 PM Post #2 of 55
Yeah, I feel ya. I've been to so many forums populated by idiots, that I almost quite posting anywhere. I remembered I made a single post at a forum that I thought would be good place to hang, and one of them, outta nowhere, calls me a homosexual. I called him out, and he had to bring backup from other "established" members. That's when I realized that place was filled with wussy punks who hide behind keyboards. Worst kind of people are the ones that act like complete morons on the web, but in real life, are nobodies. Head-fi is so much better. At least when people talk s**t here, they can usually back it up.
tongue.gif
And if they can't we put em in their place.

Apr 6, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #3 of 55
I am only 19 yet one of my best friends is the very cop hating, street racing, wannabe we all have seen and heard on car forums. The kid with not enough money but all he does is pretend to know everything. Ya I used to be into cars more then music but I learned alot about audio and it's my only love. Just thought I would leave a thought. Maybe tell those kids to learn about quality buy selling them on the greatest invention ever. Headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif
They might learn a thing or two.
icon10.gif
I know I have.

Evan

Apr 6, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #6 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
dude! i put them NOS stickers on my Bose headphones and they are like 5000% better then stock and will beat any of those crapy Senns, Grados, and Beyers. dude!

orphsmile.gif

Apr 6, 2005 at 8:04 PM Post #7 of 55
As an avid car enthusiast, I feel your pain.

I only visit forums for technical information, and thank GOD the rx7s are complex enough to keep out the llamas. The rx7forums I visit have their share are retards, but it's no where near as bad as the mustang and civic forums. Puuuke.

What's worse is when these retards try and show up and real performance events, or shoot-the-breeze in the parking lot meets. They do dumb things like drink, or do burn outs (well, they try, typically the ones stupid enough to do these things can't actually accomplish one), race or otherwise make an ass of themselves.

It's almost hard to believe, but these ass hats act in real life exactly like they do on the forums.

I want to beat these three points into every pseudo racer ricer punk ass out there:

1. Cops are there to protect you, the world is not your race track. Yes some of them are *******, but get over it.
2. You can't drive. If you did, you wouldn't pretend like you could (stickers for parts you don't own, spoilers on FWD cars... ect)
3. You are not cool because of your car. It's a toy, get over it. You are not your car, and you are not your khakkis. It's a toy, get over it. One more for the road, it's a toy get over it.

</rant>

Apr 6, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #8 of 55
That is why you need to drive a lifted Jeep... the worst us off roaders have is the nice WT people but they don’t talk crap and brag about stuff they don’t have or things their rig cant do or try to challenge me to a race when i am in my Jeep with 5.5" lift, 35" tires, blah blah blah...

get yourself a real vehicle
icon10.gif

ok so maybe they do but atleast it is funny when they dont have teeth or when they flop their rig over doing something it cant do.

Apr 6, 2005 at 8:27 PM Post #9 of 55
Quote:

dude! i put them NOS stickers on my Bose headphones and they are like 5000% better then stock and will beat any of those crapy Senns, Grados, and Beyers. dude!

I agree, But what I would do is add a 2foot wing on the top headband for airflow. then I would add some "type R" stickers cause they demand mucho repect. also on your amp change the power led's to xenon's...yelp

Apr 6, 2005 at 8:31 PM Post #10 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
I agree, But what I would do is add a 2foot wing on the top headband for airflow. then I would add some "type R" stickers cause they demand mucho repect. also on your amp change the power led's to xenon's...yelp

my amp already has a nice nonfunctionl hood scoop and those super cool windshiled washer LED lights....and i cant forget to add some Blackgate TypeR 9000000µF caps to it because hey... bigger and more is always better! just like my 5" exhaust on a crapy 4banger.

Apr 6, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #12 of 55
On a debate forum, this other member kept on insulting me because he misread my message, and wouldn't stop even after I tried to clarify what I said. I concur in thinking that Head-Fi is the most intelligent and civil of all the forums I've ever been to. Sure, there are little flare-ups every now and then, but I don't believe that the feeling of the board is flame-ish.

I also think that video game forums are pretty wacky too. There are always those I-stayed-up-for-36-hours-playing-[insert game here] posts and the other members always try to on-up each other.

Apr 6, 2005 at 9:13 PM Post #13 of 55
Quote:

That is why you need to drive a Jeep with 5.5" lift, 35" tires, ...

We Miata owners are very scared of guys like you. But then we are also scared of cars, trucks, vans, buses, SUVs, the mail truck...

One guy in a center lane decided to take a right from a left turn only lane onto the right lane I was trying to turn into. He thought it looked like $100 worth of damage. $1900 is more like it. I think I'll add a rotating blue bubble light on my Miata - because even when I am looking right at you, with my lights on high beam, you guys can't see me. Guess I have to put back on the truck air horns.

Apr 6, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #14 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by pigmode
Could have been a misunderstanding...

...or maybe not.

Trust me, he worded it specifically to get me riled. If I said what he said to anyone here, I'd probably get warned/banned.

And "I feel ya" is quite a common saying around young people.

Apr 6, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #15 of 55
I've visited many automotive forums and would agree what has been said in here so far. Some of the members in those various forums are complete @ssholes who think they are the crap because they manage to pull off a street race on 6 lane interstate highway without getting caught or how much tickets they have racked up for speeding or exhibition of speed. Makes you want to reach out there and beat those idiots senseless. They continually brag about their trick NOS system or that big turbo set up with that ungodly amount of boost that they have and how it kicks the living crap out of anything else on the road. It's enough to make me gag to listen to all that crap. About the only two automotive forums I frequent now days is the NHRA or IHRA members forums, less BS there as majority of the members there aren't highschool wanna be drag racers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back