TFTA-2100-2V1S Review
Nov 10, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #16 of 33

Quote:
Yes, TFTA's are bass monsters but they do the entire spectrum very well.
I decided to listen to flamenco music and it sounds AMAZING! I have never enjoyed this genre so much in my life!
The strum of guitars, the smooth bass lines, the shakers, everything is just lush, crisp and puuuuuurfect !!!

Nav, which ones do you have again?
1V or 1XB?

Nov 10, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #18 of 33
@ MARK.
Very entertaining review thanks Mark , your reviews are always a joy to read ,Oh and if the bass on these scare you ,the extra bass version that i have would give you nightmares ,hell you would most likely end up in with a phobia and end up braking out into a cold sweat and a nervous twitch every time someone mentioned them by name LOL
wink_face.gif

Seriously though,i am surprised to hear you say the mids and highs of the ie8 are better ? I don't have this particular model ,i have the extra bass version but they are clearly better than the IE8 sound wise across the board to my ears except in sound stage size maybe , how long did you give these to mature ,they just get better and better the more time you put on them up to about the 200hr mark 

Oh by the way ,are these not vented ,i thought they were ,as they have a small hole on the back end of the driver shells ,but maybe that is just the extra bass version , anyway isolation is not there strongest point i must admit ,they do let in wind noise .

Nov 10, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #19 of 33

Quote:
@ MARK.
Very entertaining review thanks Mark , your reviews are always a joy to read ,Oh and if the bass on these scare you ,the extra bass version that i have would give you nightmares ,hell you would most likely end up in with a phobia and end up braking out into a cold sweat and a nervous twitch every time someone mentioned them by name LOL
wink_face.gif

Seriously though,i am surprised to hear you say the mids and highs of the ie8 are better ? I don't have this particular model ,i have the extra bass version but they are clearly better than the IE8 sound wise across the board to my ears except in sound stage size maybe , how long did you give these to mature ,they just get better and better the more time you put on them up to about the 200hr mark 

Oh by the way ,are these not vented ,i thought they were ,as they have a small hole on the back end of the driver shells ,but maybe that is just the extra bass version , anyway isolation is not there strongest point i must admit ,they do let in wind noise .

They are both vented - and they aren't the best for isolation

Nov 10, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #20 of 33

Quote:

Nav, which ones do you have again?
1V or 1XB?

I have the 1XB. After 40hrs of burn in, the bass has calmed down and is a lot more textured. The mids and highs have come out of hiding and are actually very clear and crisp. My flamenco music sounded just fantastic! I am also loving the trance on these, great bass...deep but not slow, it keeps up with the beats very well. Isolation is bothering me due to the vents. This gives great sound stage and an "airiness" that other IEMs just don't provide but this reduces isolation a bit.

I am going to put them on burn-in for another 40hrs over the weekend and see what happens.

On a side note, the entry level earbuds have REALLY impressed me! I am enjoying them more than the PK3's and the Koss KSC75's. They have great bass and very well balanced over the mids and highs...very nice!!!

Nov 10, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #21 of 33

Quote:
I have the 1XB. After 40hrs of burn in, the bass has calmed down and is a lot more textured. The mids and highs have come out of hiding and are actually very clear and crisp. My flamenco music sounded just fantastic! I am also loving the trance on these, great bass...deep but not slow, it keeps up with the beats very well. Isolation is bothering me due to the vents. This gives great sound stage and an "airiness" that other IEMs just don't provide but this reduces isolation a bit.

I am going to put them on burn-in for another 40hrs over the weekend and see what happens.

On a side note, the entry level earbuds have REALLY impressed me! I am enjoying them more than the PK3's and the Koss KSC75's. They have great bass and very well balanced over the mids and highs...very nice!!!

Nice to hear that man!
Especially about the entry level ones!

Nov 12, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #22 of 33

Quote:
Thanks @Mark, another nice one.  Do you think it would be possible to reshell these and the RE272 into a dual driver custom? :p

lol no idea but that would be interesting

Quote:
@ MARK.
wink_face.gif

oh i think the extra bass ones would just make my head explode.  no idea if they are more vented but i found these to be pretty well sealed.  i think they had about 150 before i listened to them so maybe extra time would have produced changes but i more or less aim for 100 hours to give then just when i get arround to listening to them.  if you have 5 things sitting to be done all getting 150 or so hours is 750 hours, thats a whole month (okay so you can do more than 1 at a time but you get my meaning)

Dec 8, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #25 of 33
How do these compare to the Westone 3's? I'm looking to get pair, the extra bass version that is, since I need more bass and the W3 is not cutting it for me.

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #26 of 33

Quote:
How do these compare to the Westone 3's? I'm looking to get pair, the extra bass version that is, since I need more bass and the W3 is not cutting it for me.

Here is a quote from Lucozade:
"@ dubbed . Yep i still own the w3 , was using them just last week , i can only use them with two monster foam hybrid tips on each ear piece as with any other tips they are sibilant as hell ,but with the monster tips they keep the sibilance under control most of the time ,this also has the effect of beefing up the bass considerably making them one off the bassest phones i own .They may well even hit as hard as the tfta with those tips but still don't match its sub bass output , mids are similar in sound to the tfta ,ie slightly darker vocals than other phones but the other instruments stand out from each other better ,treble is brighter and more micro details and detail retrieval across the board on the w3 but the tfta are not to far behind ."

HERE

Hope that helps :)

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #27 of 33

Thanks, the W3's indeed have bass, I just need to find better tips for them as the stock ones that came with them do not fit me that well. I will try out the monster tips first. 

Quote:
Here is a quote from Lucozade:
"@ dubbed . Yep i still own the w3 , was using them just last week , i can only use them with two monster foam hybrid tips on each ear piece as with any other tips they are sibilant as hell ,but with the monster tips they keep the sibilance under control most of the time ,this also has the effect of beefing up the bass considerably making them one off the bassest phones i own .They may well even hit as hard as the tfta with those tips but still don't match its sub bass output , mids are similar in sound to the tfta ,ie slightly darker vocals than other phones but the other instruments stand out from each other better ,treble is brighter and more micro details and detail retrieval across the board on the w3 but the tfta are not to far behind ."

HERE

Hope that helps :)

Dec 21, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #29 of 33
Just realised something Mark,

In your review, you said you had to go find some Comply's - did you not listen to these when reviewing with other tips at all?

I just put on my TS-400's and they just seem to drown out all the mids, all the highs, and bloat the bass (thus why i haven't, lately been using my comply tips)

Dec 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #30 of 33

Quote:
Just realised something Mark,

In your review, you said you had to go find some Comply's - did you not listen to these when reviewing with other tips at all?

I just put on my TS-400's and they just seem to drown out all the mids, all the highs, and bloat the bass (thus why i haven't, lately been using my comply tips)

I forgot to put this in my review. I found the shure black foam tips did the same thing on the 1XB, they just sounded so mediocre with them but sound really nice with the JAYS tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back