TF10s with more forwarded mids would be?
Oct 3, 2009 at 9:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jegarn

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

Since my TFs broke and I'm not sure what will happen with them I've started to think about a replacement pair.

The things i like: Bass and treble is excellent, soundstage

I would like something that has a little more forwarded mids.

I've tried the SE530s for a very short session. Couldn't really tell the difference except they sounded better with some songs and worse with some.

The IE8s seems interesting as well as the W3 and UM3X

Please point me in the right direction

Oct 3, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 6
I don't really think of the TF10 as being really all the recessed in the midrange. Typically you can just EQ in more presence and get what you want. Unless you're looking for other characteristics then just relative emphasis.

Oct 4, 2009 at 10:21 AM Post #3 of 6
My ipod don't have the best EQ.. Any suggestion on which EQ setting?

I'm looking fore something with the mids like alessandro, trebble like TF, base somehow like TF, soundstage the bigger the better. a little more isolation than the TFs. I like the Tfs but I don't think they are perfect for me. I'm not completely sure what I'm looking for either.

Oct 4, 2009 at 11:31 AM Post #4 of 6
Hmmm. Have u tried the audio technica ck100?

Oct 4, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #5 of 6
did I read you right that even in a short listen you couldnt tell the difference between TF10 and SE530?? wow. i'm thinking that either UM3X or CK100 would be good for you. the UM3X have a smaller soundstage than TF10 (which I didnt like at all) but all other aspects of the westones are IMO superior. UM3X are the best sounding universal IEM I have heard. mids are ever so slightly forward of flat, bass is tight while quite present and highs, while not as in your face as TF10, have very good detail and are eminently listenable/non-fatiguing.

Oct 5, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #6 of 6
I could tell they were different but I couldn't pin point what the differences were. TF to SE530.

I'll read about the Um3x and CK100. Thinking about going for a full size instead.. maybe HD650..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back