tf10 vs. turbines
Apr 9, 2010 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

french2013

New Head-Fier
been thinking about upgrading to tf10's from my turbines (love them, but i just want more out of my buds). how big of a difference in sound quality should i expect (i realize they are triple driver)? is the bass of the tf10's comparable to turbines (i wouldn't want any less)? i don't want to buy them and feel like i got just as much out of my turbines. although i feel like i wont feel that way. i was thinking about getting an null audio cable to replace the stock one too as i hear the stocker is atrocious.

Apr 9, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #2 of 12
I am unable to answer your question, but I'd like to suggest an alternative.

Have you ever had customs? To me the cost is worth it. I have the real UE11pros and they are fantastic. I have read that you can get your TF10's the custom treatment for very little (some threads with "unique melody" are the source).

Just a suggestion.

Apr 9, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #3 of 12
You will probably get more response in the portable headphone section

Apr 9, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #5 of 12
The Null Audio cable makes everything sound cleaner and brings the mids up out of recession
smily_headphones1.gif

I think that if you have the money laying around and aren't going to use it to upgrade any of your equipment, it's worth it.

Apr 9, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 12
thanks for the input! as for the customs, im in college and on a tight budget and universal multi drivers seem to be the best bang for the buck. so definitely worth the upgrade?? and do u guys think the tf10's benefit from an amp??? like lets say on a scale of 1-10. 1 being not worth amping and 10 being definitely worth amping???

Apr 9, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by french2013 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the input! as for the customs, im in college and on a tight budget and universal multi drivers seem to be the best bang for the buck. so definitely worth the upgrade?? and do u guys think the tf10's benefit from an amp??? like lets say on a scale of 1-10. 1 being not worth amping and 10 being definitely worth amping???

When I amped my Triples with a RSA Tomahawk, I got a noticeable increase in sound quality, although it wasn't night and day. I was using a line out from the T51 (s:flo2) to the amp. I was very pleased with the sound but while wanting to minimalize the size of the rig, I just used them out of the HO jack one day and the sound quality was still great, only a little less detailed and the stage closed in a bit.

I would say that amps should be one of the last things you spend money on after the player and headphones; if you have the money laying around and, instead of getting new IEMs, want to get that last bit of SQ out of them, spending money on a good amp isn't a bad idea.

Here's to your new post:
Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio
Portable headphones ^
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #11 of 12
i currently own and use the monster turbine ... i got to listen to the tf10's on the weekend from a friend and im very cut i didnt spend alil bit extra for the tf10's

it sounds sooooo much better even for my inexperienced ears, bass is similar but for me the tf 10 highs were so nice, the soundstage was evident (turbines had none) and the vocals sounded so close overall the sound was just so much fuller

i def recommend upgrade if u can afford it

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #12 of 12
I love my TF 10s with the D4 Mamba. I think a little more juice makes them sound more dynamic (about a 5/10 difference). Coming from mid-level Shure iems, the tf 10s are amazing. Hopefully I can save up to get them re-shelled soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back