TF10 vs HF5 vs RE0 vs X10
Jun 14, 2012 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Dayman

New Head-Fier
I am planning on picking up a new set of IEMs, and after many hours research I have narrowed it down between the four choices in the title. Basically I am looking for any input between the four, pros and cons, and what would be a good choice to get. My musical taste doesn't discriminate, I listen to a wide array of different types of music, so I am looking for a good all around IEM.

I currently own Klipsch S4i and AKG 350 (the regular 350, not the Quincy Jones signature, though I am unsure of the difference between the two), and have also listened through the Monster iBeats, which I do not like. I prefer the S4i over the AKG, mainly because the AKG doesn't fit my ear as well due to the larger aperture and tends to cause discomfort. This is one of my concerns with the TF10, I have read that it has a larger earpiece.

The flat, neutral balance of the HF5 intrigues me. I am not a basshead by any means, but I can like it, it really depends on what kind of mood I am in. The idea of listening to a purely neutral (the way it was engineered on record) reproduction of the music sounds like something I may be interested in.

The triple driver design of the TF10 also sounds interesting. I have also read the RE0 is a real contender, same with the X10. The reviews have been all over, with a pretty even split between the four, so I am having a tough time on deciding. I know sound is purely subjective, and as I have no place nearby where I can test them out, I am relying on responses here.

I will mainly be using these for my at-home pair, but occasionally will take them with me to work and for walking around, nothing too physical.

I listen to music through an iPod Nano 5th gen, iPhone 4s, and a computer with a decent sound card.

I was looking into getting Comply tips for whichever I choose to purchase.

Also, I was looking into getting a portable amp (off topic I know), are the Filo ones any good for the iPod/iPhone?

Thanks in advance 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back