TF10 Upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 31, 2012 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

seunghoyoum

New Head-Fier
Hi guys. First of all, I'm a newbie, and I noticed by making this  thread, i noticed earphones and IEM's are different things. What's the difference?

Anyway, to the main question. As a earphone, headphone newbie, the hd650 and tf10 were kings in each field. After I bought the tf10, i was satisfied with it excessively. However, a man's greed does not stop, and I searched for even better ones. I cannot certainly buy those custom ears, they are WWWAAYY to expensive(i'm a teen). However, I think my wallet can affort up the 500~600 dollars. If there are any custom earphones are that range and are better than universal ones, please tell me. Anyway, some candidates right now are MTPC, which I heard has a boomy bass, something I never want, but things like extra tips, durability, design was cool so I thought it was okay to put in my list. The next is the IE80. I have been using Sennheiser products thoroughly, and they never disappointed. and these are the flagship IEMs! I heard again they have a promiment bass but better controlled than the MTPC. Another choice was the SE535. Design, SQ, durability, everything just looked so seductive. The last contender the was the CK100PRO, i repeat, PRO. The CK100's design was too normal, the PROs looked nice. And i heard the detail on these CK100PRO's are phenomenal. Anyways, these are my contenders, and here are the aspects i want from my earphones.

SQ
-Bass needs to be controlled. Between a tight bass and boomy, definietely tight. But i heard deep down bass that isn't boomy and well controlled. I heard IE80's were the closest to that SQ, but i'm not sure; just a bit of boominess brings quick fatique and I hate that, and it also recks the mids and highs
-Mids need to be luscious. It needs to sound warm, and not empty, and not airy. But too much body seems to reck the highs so I just need an adequate amount; I heard the SE535 are great with mids.
-Highs; detail. Need to hear everything. Also, no sibilance, or whatever that terrifying sound that the songs make and I increase the volume or when the sounds go really high. I HATTTE that. The TF10's have been doing the best job so far, but I really didn't check other IEM's if they do better or not.

Genre
Everything. I need an all-rounder. But mostly rock, ballad, acoustic.

Durability
I need a really good case! I'm satisfied with the UE ones right now. I just need something of that level. I'm really clumsy, and I really walk around a lot, so they can't big so it makes me comfortable, but it can't be soft like the leather cases with an opening; that'll just crush my earphones. IEM's with goot replacable tips or cables would be nice.

Isolation
This.. i'm having a hard time. While I am enjoying the vast isolation the TF10's are giving, as a student and as a person who doesn't really have a quiet life, I'm not really sure if i need isolation a lot. For this i need ethical and psychological advise more thatn scientific advice.

Fit
The only problems with the TF10. Even though once they are plugged in they don't fall out easily, the time getting them in and out takes too long, and I have to do that a lot since as I mentioned, I don't really live a quiet life.

Mar 31, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #2 of 7
You might want to research the Thousand Sound TS842.  It is an upgrade to the TF10, if you like the TF10 signature.

Apr 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #5 of 7
Plus theres the cost of the impressions to factor in to the over all budget as well.

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:

But aren't the SQ's of each custom different? I heard they were really cold and analytical

Thats like asking if there is a SQ difference between Sennheiser and Grado. I was just saying that customs can be had within the budget you listed. TF10's can be made into customs for even less than the 1964 T costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back