TF10 lost the front "part" when taking the tip of :'(
Sep 30, 2009 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

jegarn

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

I was just going to try some foam tips on my tf10(IE-40) and the front part where the tips are sitting broke of. The were bought around 1.5 years ago so probably no warranty
angry_face.gif

Can I glue them back together? What should I do?

It almost makes me weep..

Please help me

Sep 30, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #2 of 14
Picture?

You mean the nozzle just snapped off?

Some CA glue should work decently. It needs to be new (less then 6mo. old) and only use a very little amount (or takes forever to dry). CA glue = super glue.

It won't be the greatest fix in the world, but it'll work well enough.

You might even look into some sort of epoxy specifically designed for plastics, although, you would be working with only a very tiny amount of whatever you'd buy.

Sep 30, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 14
Yes the nozzle snapped of or more like fell of.

Here's a picture. Didn't find the cord to my camera so hope this one will do.
dsc00115mk.jpg

Will the SQ be effected? Doesn't look like anything is damaged on the inside..

Oct 1, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #4 of 14
The before-Logitech-takes-over UE used to sell TF10 with two years warranty (which they changes to one year a few month ago), so you should check with them first and see if warranty can still apply before doing anything. Maybe you'll get lucky. If not, I'll suggest a tiny bit of super glue.

Oct 1, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #5 of 14
i´ve had that happen too..., shipped it back for replacement, then again, i had a pre logitech pair,

the thing is, i just told them that the nuzzle broke and shipped then back, replaced no question asked, so there must be a weak point in the design there,

Oct 1, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #6 of 14
I send a email to UE yesterday and the said they would look into it
biggrin.gif

The biggest problem with that might be that they are M-Audio IE-40. But they were made by UE, right?, and then got another logo.

Will send a email to M-audio as well

Oct 5, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #7 of 14
Got a answer from m-audio today.
"because they are out of warranty, a replacement charge for a new pair is $110 plus shipping and tax. you can also have just that earpiece replaced for $65 plus shipping and tax."

so it will be $100+ for the earpiece. will I notice any difference if I glue them together myself?

I know lots of stuff that I can get for $100..

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #8 of 14
You won't notice much of any difference if you glue it right, as they are glued on in the factory too. Just be sure not too use too much super glue and stay clear from the filter.

Oct 6, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #9 of 14
I have had the exact same thing happen and carefully superglued it back on (just a little dab will do ya). Worked fine ever since and probably a stronger bond that was there originally. Just be careful not to spread too much around and not to get it on the ports. However, for $100, to get a brand spanking new TF10, may be worth it. Ont eh other hand save the money and then invest in JH13s, worked for me.

Oct 6, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #10 of 14
ouch... good luck with the glue.
frown.gif

Oct 6, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #11 of 14
I have another idea: turns the broken IEM into custom. They are several companies offering this kind of service now and some of them ain't that expensive.

Oct 6, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

I have another idea: turns the broken IEM into custom. They are several companies offering this kind of service now and some of them ain't that expensive.

I've been thinking about that as well. Any recommendations?

At least I'll get $130 from the insurance company.

Oct 6, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #13 of 14
I know Null Audio and Unique Melody do custom shelling, but I am not sure about their pricing. you'll need to dig this one out yourself.

Oct 7, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #14 of 14
Glued them together today
smily_headphones1.gif

I think they sound as they should, maybe a little grainy on the broken one. But that's probably most in my head.

A managed to get just a little glue on the edge. Unfortunately some more got on my hands and some on the outside of the TFs...As long as they sound good I'm happy
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back