TF10 first impressions
Dec 22, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #31 of 74

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I think the TF10 is one of the most comfortable IEM I've owned. I have Turbines, UE metro fi 200v, M6, and some cheapy crap, but none of the can justify TF10 comfort level. I use the smallest silicone tips and I just shove it in my ear. It doesn't get fatiguing and start hurting my ear; I can wear them for hours without having the discomfort to refit them again. Or maybe it's because I have weird ears.

Ditto here.  The very night (early morning) I ordered the TF10s, I was just about to order some Westone 3s because of what seemed like a guarantee that the UEs would not fit me or would be terribly uncomfortable.  But once getting through the 7 second hassle of the over-the-ear memory wire, I forget I have these on.  I use the medium silicon tips and have never even bothered trying any of the other sizes or types- what's the point?  Although the TF10s are large, the body for the most part is well outside the ear canal for me.  And although they feel a bit cheapish, the plastic body is very light weight and I don't have to push these things back into my ears like I do with my heavy Denons.

Dec 22, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #32 of 74
i went and bought extra biflange tips from headdirect for my TF10s.

the biflange are the only tips that seem to give me a good fit with any IEM.  hate all foam tips and while some silicone tips work, none work as well as the bifllange for me.

really like these TF10s by the way.  step up from the RE0s.

Dec 22, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #33 of 74
Agree withthis thread that fit is really important for the TF10s. I went from the stock tips to sony hybrids before settling on the comply foam tips that came with them. Without a proper fit the TF10s sound muddled and the bass bloated. Once you get it right though it is amazing clarity and tight bass on a very wide soundstage. Blew my RE-ZERO out of the water :p

Dec 22, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #34 of 74
Fortunately I get a good fit with the medium silicone tip that was on it and have no reason to try any others as they sound great. The Jaben cable I bought is not worth the money. The pins are bending and the first pair of TF10 were playing lower in right ear not sure if it was the Jaben but have not used it since in the new pair. Eventually I will get another cable and may even do the Fischer re-shell but so far fit is good. I am done ordering those overseas cables any other suggestions would be appreciated. The Fischer looks interesting for 30.00

Dec 23, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #35 of 74
You could try the Enyo and Lune Cables from Null Audio. You have to order them from Singapore though. I'm very happy with the SQ now, the Enyo Cable made the mids more forward, bass seems to be tighter and the highs don't seem to have as much sibilance. Worth a try IMO!

Dec 23, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #36 of 74

Quote:
You could try the Enyo and Lune Cables from Null Audio. You have to order them from Singapore though. I'm very happy with the SQ now, the Enyo Cable made the mids more forward, bass seems to be tighter and the highs don't seem to have as much sibilance. Worth a try IMO!

The problem with ordering this and the Jaben cables is that you need to pay return shipping if not satisfied. The Jaben cable is not a high quality ca\able and would cost almost as much to return it as the credit they would give me. I will no longer order cables from overseas. I will check out Fischer cables but I am disappointed that jaben is of such poor quality and they want me to pay the return shipping for a defective cable with bent pins. Not a good way to do business here on head fi

Dec 23, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #37 of 74
An update on the Jaben E8 after I complained about the return charges to Singapore Jaben credited me the 38.00 purchase price for the cable I paid to my paypal account. I commend them for their exceptional customer service and just wish they build a better cable. But they are a reliable firm for sure.

Dec 23, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #38 of 74
Hi TF10 fans...
I was wondering, if as said on others threads, Creative EP630 & Sennheiser IE8 biflange fits on TF10?
I'm impressed by my TF10 but I can't get a good seal (not as good as my SA-6). I also tried comply foam tips, same issue.

Can someone help or tell me where to get compatible biflange / triflange ?

THX for help !

Mihmoh

Dec 23, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #39 of 74
You should order the biflange tips from headdirect like I did.

Loved them on my RE0s and bought extras for these TF10s.

http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=33

Dec 23, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #40 of 74
For me this iems has two major flaws :

-first the recessed mids : i used to think i'm more like a basshead but this v-shaped iem made me realize how important mids are. i tend to think mids are the most important quality a headphone must have, imo a headphone can never be good if it lacks in the mid departement
-second the speed : i found that TF10 is a slow iem (ive not tested lots of iems however) , it can't keep up with the fastest tracks...that's rather annoying

Dec 23, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #41 of 74
The TF10's are 'Ok', but not what I would expect from something in this price range. Soundstage was good, but everything else was not up to par, the Bass was a little bloated to me, the mids were not quite there and I did not hear much treble to speak of, despite this being a 3 armature IEM with crossover. I know people like these, but for life of me can't really fathom their appeal to some. I WANT to like these,but can't seem to get over their size and lack of detail. I am getting mine Customized so maybe they will sound better then, but for now I pretty much chalk these up to being a little overrated.

Dec 23, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #42 of 74

Quote:
The TF10's are 'Ok', but not what I would expect from something in this price range. Soundstage was good, but everything else was not up to par, the Bass was a little bloated to me, the mids were not quite there and I did not hear much treble to speak of, despite this being a 3 armature IEM with crossover. I know people like these, but for life of me can't really fathom their appeal to some. I WANT to like these,but can't seem to get over their size and lack of detail. I am getting mine Customized so maybe they will sound better then, but for now I pretty much chalk these up to being a little overrated.

Wait, lack of detail?? What IEM's are you coming from?? That's the one area I feel these are very good at. Granted, I havent listened to the DBA-02, or other, more sophisticated BA's but I find they pick up where the MTPC's leave off; where the MTPC's have a glazed over mid-high, the TF10's chop the detail up into small delicious sound nutrients (bits, bytes, or whatever you want to call it
biggrin.gif
).
I will agree, they do sound a little warm and arent very good at delivering the exaggerated dub-thump; but I actually adjusted to the warm sound rather quickly.

Also, I find the sibilance is virtually non-existent on the TF10's when comparing them to the MTPC's. I feel the mid-dip does a great job of toning it down. Although I guess it goes to show, not everyone hears the same; I find mids more shrieky/intolerable than high treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back