TF10 Cable "Failures"?
Dec 3, 2011 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Spyro

Headphoneus Supremus
Really confused by all the negativity.  I find it to be the best cable I have ever had.  I've had failures on Shure, Etymotic and Westone but never UE.  I like it because it is perfect length and is thick where it can't really tangle.  Strain reliefs are strong.

If you had a failure, try to be specific.

Dec 3, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #2 of 31
interested -- subscribed

Dec 3, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #3 of 31
in my case the black rubber cover peeled off in the right side and also around the Y split. and if you twist them you can see the cable tangling. is like a grado SR cable but smaller.
I got a replace from UE, clear version and it is much better

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #4 of 31
Also interested in this.....

Having just got the TF10s in late Oct/11, can't really input anything, other than I purchased the TF10vi cable for use with my phone....works great, love the no tangle quality, nice and thick, etc. 

I've had one cable failure a long time ago on my UE Super.fi Pro 5, was a short near one of the ear connectors.  Replaced under warranty...

Had several earpieces actually fall apart (come unglued mostly). 

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #6 of 31
The stock cable is fine, actually alot better than most cables imho. But getting an aftermarket cable is very beneficial on the tf10. I got a effect audio pearl v2 cable back in september and it effects the midrange dramticaly, toned down the bass just altittle bit and made the highs even more airy and sound alot more more spacious.

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #7 of 31

Quote:
Is the vi as stiff as the stock cable? The stock cable is too stiff and that makes it unpractical imo. 

I just compared the two....they are very close to the same in stiffness...like just hanging the cables across your finger.  They bend mostly the same.

However, the TF10vi cable is thinner, and has a different casing.  It's matte black, instead of shiny black.  Because of these two changes, it 'feels' not as stiff to me.  It's hard to describe, but it's 'better' than the stock cable.  Doesn't feel 'low quality' quite the same way the shiny stock cable does....  The TF10vi cable also has a straight plug instead of the 90 degree plug.

Compared to my now gone Westone 3, it's just a little stiffer (which had almost the perfect cable IMO).  Compared to my Denon cable (which is very thin, like fragile thin), it is definitely stiffer.

I've walked a good bit with the TF10vi cable, both inside my shirt (with player in my pocket) and outside (same way, player in pocket), and I don't notice microphonics. 

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #9 of 31

Quote:
Is it lighter? the stock cable was also a bit too heavy. 

Yes.  My kitchen scale, which can only do .1 ounce increments, shows it to be .1 ounce lighter (about a penny or two according to the scale).  FWIW.

Now...how about those TF10 cable failures 
redface.gif
 sorry for threadjacking a bit!

Dec 4, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #10 of 31
I don't mind the cable at all, but after a few days the stock splitter on my cable is having issues.  The right earphone cuts out some days and some days its fine.  Intermittent issue, love the headphones, cable doesn't seem the best though

Dec 4, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #11 of 31
Very stiff, I like a soft cable that doesn't get memory bends in it.  Sound just dropped on the left side due to cable.

Dec 4, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #12 of 31
mail
yea thats NOT a stiff cable 
biggrin.gif
. sorry for lack of focus stupid iphone

EDIT: Good lord that is a giant pic!!! my bad
screw it still copy paste from email just from thumbnail instead 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back