Text editor lag in iOS 5/Safari
Dec 10, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #16 of 19
I have many issue with this site on my iPad with Safari/IOS5 Beta1. The editor is buggy. The adds takes forever to load and many time I just get kicked out of safari. I have very similar issue on my iPhone. Please help.  I could be typing a reply pm and boom I'm kick out and lost everything.

Dec 10, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #17 of 19
I've been accessing Head-Fi through iOS since the iPhone was released.  I've probably knocked out over 10,000 posts on various iPhones.  It was really slow when the switch to Huddler happened, then it got a lot better.

It was fine until I went to iOS 5.  The rest of the site is fine, but the text editor got really laggy.  I haven't experienced this on any other site.

Dec 10, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #18 of 19
I can report too that this site is in really bad shape on ios5 on my iPad 1. It causes safari to crash frequently, page loads are very slow, and each page load uses up so many resources that streaming music in the background skips. No other sites I frequent seem to have these issues, and in fact safari is generally much faster in ios5 on most other sites. 

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #19 of 19
I use tapatalk to read the forum if I'm in need of a head-fi fix and am away from my desktop or laptop. It's not without it's own issues. No matter how many unread threads there are, tapatalk maxes out at 40, and insists that the most recent post in a thread is where you left off, even if there are a dozen posts between there and your last visit.

That said, it's not so much the app as the plug-in on the forum side. They all respond differently, and are not all of the same quality depending on the forum software being used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back