Text editor lag in iOS 5/Safari
Nov 29, 2011 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Uncle Erik

Uncle Exotic
I upgraded to iOS 5 a few days ago and am experiencing lag in the text editor.  I type a bit and it takes a second or so for the keystrokes to appear.

When I hit return a couple of times for a new line, the new line often appears  elow the text window and I have to manually scroll down to see the new line.

Oddly, everything else on the site is as fast or maybe a little faster than it was before.

I am not experiencing this in OS X in Firefox or Safari.  It's just laggy in iOS 5/Safari.  It wasn't like this with iOS 4/Safari.

Could someone please take a look at this?

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:50 AM Post #3 of 19
It's huddler i believe. When you disable huddler (click the source button) it's really smooth. It solves my problems anyways. It's a problem with the coding for the website not ios.

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #4 of 19

Quote:
I upgraded to iOS 5 a few days ago and am experiencing lag in the text editor.  I type a bit and it takes a second or so for the keystrokes to appear.

When I hit return a couple of times for a new line, the new line often appears  elow the text window and I have to manually scroll down to see the new line.

Oddly, everything else on the site is as fast or maybe a little faster than it was before.

I am not experiencing this in OS X in Firefox or Safari.  It's just laggy in iOS 5/Safari.  It wasn't like this with iOS 4/Safari.

Could someone please take a look at this?

I also have this problem on my stock browser (Android Gingerbread).

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:07 AM Post #5 of 19

Quote:
I also have this problem on my stock browser (Android Gingerbread).

i use my Galaxy Tab 7" with the GingerBread stock browser and its still laggy but NO WHERE as bad a on my iPhone 4.

Maybe its cause the Hummingbird processor is a lot more powerful than the A4 processor. I wonder how it is on the SGS2 and iPhone 4S 

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #6 of 19

Quote:
i use my Galaxy Tab 7" with the GingerBread stock browser and its still laggy but NO WHERE as bad a on my iPhone 4.

Maybe its cause the Hummingbird processor is a lot more powerful than the A4 processor. I wonder how it is on the SGS2 and iPhone 4S 

The phone I'm talking about is the SGS2.

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #9 of 19

Quote:
Oh and furthermore when I click on the submit button, the page simply refreshes without any new post.

Well i don't have that issue. Like i said guys click the source button then type your post. Fixes the problem.

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #10 of 19

Quote:
Well i don't have that issue. Like i said guys click the source button then type your post. Fixes the problem.

I don't know how to type through source. 
blink.gif

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #11 of 19

Quote:

I don't know how to type through source. 
blink.gif

If your quoting someone quote them then once it's in the reply area click source and it's already done for you. I honestly personally don't know why anyone would use a smart phone os to use head-fi in the first place. I find it a pain and it's just cumbersome, annoying and slow. I also hate typing messages on a touchscreen for very long. Short messages are ok but if your typing a large response to someone i would do it with a physical keyboard.

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #12 of 19

Quote:
If your quoting someone quote them then once it's in the reply area click source and it's already done for you. I honestly personally don't know why anyone would use a smart phone os to use head-fi in the first place. I find it a pain and it's just cumbersome, annoying and slow. I also hate typing messages on a touchscreen for very long. Short messages are ok but if your typing a large response to someone i would do it with a physical keyboard.

I access Head-Fi through my smartphone when on the go. 
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #13 of 19

Quote:
I access Head-Fi through my smartphone when on the go. 
wink.gif

That's the only time i do but usually it's only for looking at new posts on recent threads. I only respond if i feel i need to. I avoid all quoting (with exceptions), youtube, or picture posting, bolding etc. I also try and keep my posts brief. Head-fi really needs to get a mobile app imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back