texas
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #62 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Steve:

Is Nov. 17th out for you?

It's fine for me, but I don't matter much. Heh.

Oct 30, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #63 of 87
Quote:

good news.. I have a potential room lined up. Bad news, I cannot make Nov. 24th. Sooo... does later start to run into exams for college students? The next weekend is Dec. 1st. Also, I need to get an idea of size. If we're over say 30 people, I'll need to reconsider my choice of venue
cool.gif
perhaps time to start an official thread?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AUGH! It's the weekend after Thanksgiving... unfortunately, home is more important than audio, so, I don't think I'll be making the meet.

Prehaps a mini-meet on the 24th would be the answer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzychu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....any one in Houston knows of good audio store for headphones/amp? I know Audio Concept and Wourld Sound but they do not carry much. I am not looking for the obvious stores like Best Buy.....

The Sam Ash here in San Antonio carries AKG and Ultrasone.

Oct 31, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #64 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by plaidplatypus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Prehaps a mini-meet on the 24th would be the answer.

Have one mini-meet and then another meet? Sorry, I don't get what you're trying to say.

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #65 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have one mini-meet and then another meet? Sorry, I don't get what you're trying to say.

Yes, I don't see any reason why a mini-meet on a different date would conflict with the main meet.

Oct 31, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #66 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by plaidplatypus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I don't see any reason why a mini-meet on a different date would conflict with the main meet.

Sounds good.

Oct 31, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #67 of 87
Quote:

Steve:

Is Nov. 17th out for you?

It's possible I may be done with my out of town job, but I can't say for sure.

Oct 31, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #68 of 87
so, here's the deal. I just got off the phone Plitron, the company I'm waiting on parts for my new electrostatic amplifier I'm building, and it looks like I won't get the parts until 11/17. Then I still will have to build another channel of the psu... not to mention casing things up, etc. so... not that a meet should hinge on this, but outlook is slim
frown.gif

So I propose that someone else pony up to head a mini-meet (maybe 11/17?) and then we'll plan the other meet for a December 1st time frame.

I'll mention the mini-meet in my announcement and then we can start another thread for that. This should accommodate almost everyone.

Also, I think Dallas will be having another meet in the Jan-Feb time frame.

All those in favor?

Oct 31, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #69 of 87
December timeframe is finals time for us college students, and I know there are other university students wanting to attend the meet as well as me.

Nov 2, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #71 of 87
Did we completely eliminate November 17th? The weekend before the Thanksgiving one?

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #72 of 87
Well I'm away on a job now, and it's going to take longer than I originally thought. So December works better for me. I don't want to hold up a meet though.
I'd be up for a micromeet then too, if that's what it comes down to luvdunhill.

Nov 26, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #73 of 87
Well... I guess the downtime of the forum just blew every plan out of the water...

Dec 1, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #75 of 87
I vote for Houston!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back