texas
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #46 of 87
I can definitely help find a place again. I'm on the fence between before and after Thanksgiving. I do have a small preference for accommodating swt61, as I want to hear a lot of his gear. After Thanksgiving would make my bringing my new electrostatic project more feasible...

Oct 29, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #49 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have some ideas. Please post date preference in this thread. At the end of the week, I'll start an official thread.

Nov. 24 is my preference.

that weekend would be great for me as i already have that weekend scheduled off
rs1smile.gif

Oct 29, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #50 of 87
I guess November 24th is fine for me, too, as per majority vote.

Oct 29, 2007 at 6:20 AM Post #53 of 87
Welp... I got some girl to tag along with me. Well... I didn't get her to... she just asked to.

Oct 30, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #55 of 87
Hello,

I am new here and living in Houston.

First question is if this Sound Mind Audio place opens on Saturday and do they have quite selections of headphone and amp? I am going to Austin this Saturday.

Secondly, any one in Houston knows of good audio store for headphones/amp? I know Audio Concept and Wourld Sound but they do not carry much. I am not looking for the obvious stores like Best Buy.....

Lastly, do head-fiers have a local organization or sort? Discussing online do help a lot but listening to various headphones (or any audio equipements) will definitely be the correct way to evaluate the equipements. I do not think we in Houston or Texas have enough supports from the audio dealers (or is it really the consumers)?

Oct 30, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #56 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzychu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,

I am new here and living in Houston.

First question is if this Sound Mind Audio place opens on Saturday and do they have quite selections of headphone and amp? I am going to Austin this Saturday.

Secondly, any one in Houston knows of good audio store for headphones/amp? I know Audio Concept and Wourld Sound but they do not carry much. I am not looking for the obvious stores like Best Buy.....

Lastly, do head-fiers have a local organization or sort? Discussing online do help a lot but listening to various headphones (or any audio equipements) will definitely be the correct way to evaluate the equipements. I do not think we in Houston or Texas have enough supports from the audio dealers (or is it really the consumers)?

Hi and welcome!

Unfortunately, Sound Mind Audio doesn't have a huge selection of headphone gear. They were just a venue we used last year to meet. Headphones and headphone amplifiers do not really have a great presence in audio establishments, the few exceptions being overseas and places like NYC.

As for listening and meeting other head-fi'ers, you're in the right place. Try to come to as many meets as possible! There are a lot of people in the Houston area as well that you may be able to contact for a quick weekend "mini-meet" type of thing.

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #57 of 87
Thanks, Luvdunhill.

Now I have to ask another one. How do I get to know the meets in Houston or Austin? So far I only go to the New Posts or use Search to find information. Is there any setup I need to do so the meet notice will automatically notify me? Manual search for meets just not practical for me.

Like I said, I have been here just a few weeks. Please advise if I need to read some instructions on how to use this site first.

Oct 30, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #58 of 87
good news.. I have a potential room lined up. Bad news, I cannot make Nov. 24th. Sooo... does later start to run into exams for college students? The next weekend is Dec. 1st. Also, I need to get an idea of size. If we're over say 30 people, I'll need to reconsider my choice of venue
cool.gif
perhaps time to start an official thread?

Oct 30, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #60 of 87
AUGH! It's the weekend after Thanksgiving... unfortunately, home is more important than audio, so, I don't think I'll be making the meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back