Texas Meet (Saturday, March 10th, 2012) [Location Inside]
Mar 7, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #556 of 615

To the left is the front door hallway (entrance) and this wall is about 10 feet. You can see a lot of open area in front. This is the big living room.

(Head-fi messed up the rotation again) This is the dining room wall. This room is the other main display room. It's attached to the living room and this is part of the longest wall (I'd say 25 feet-ish). Small wooden table if anyone needs it, or it can be moved into the kitchen for drinks or something.

This is the office. To the right is actually more desk space attached to the walls. It's disconnected from the rest of the show space and it's more of a back up space. It could also be the 'quiet room' if you guys want that. (Oh, and the junk on the desk is gone :D )
-----
Total (not including the office space) we've got about 40' of table-able space. The office actually seems to be on the strongest circuit in the house so we can run some cables into the main space from there and set up equipment in there. We'll run some from the master bedroom (which will be closed for the meet) and the rest should be okay on the main room's circuit. If we start to feel worried about it we can use the kitchen and patio power (as that space will be for snacks and nothing will be plugged in there). 
-----
I swept, mopped, vacuumed, clorox-ed, and moved a ton of furniture last night. I'm a little disappointed I couldn't trash the entertainment center and get it out of there because it takes up a whole wall, but it's just too heavy to moved without taking a sledge hammer to. I think we'll have enough room though, and if need be people can set up some equipment on the shelves of the entertainment center. The fireplace also takes up a few feet, but someone can set up in front of that and still not sit in the middle of the room.
-----
EDIT: I'll have an 8 outlet conditioner I'll be using about half of so people are welcome to piggy back that. I'll also have an extra 8 outlet conditioner I'll be bringing that anyone else can use. I'd actually like to sell off one of them if anyone if interested. They've both helped me through a few nasty surges with no problems. 

Mar 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #557 of 615
Thanks for all your hard work, Travis. Looks great. I would recommend setting up the office as the quiet room. If you feel your rig is particularly susceptible to noise (like swt61's, or the stat rigs) you can ask and see if there is room in there. Keep in mind we are doing a quiet hour in the early afternoon so if there is a rig in the main rooms that you want serious time with you will have an opportunity to do so in near silence.

--

Since this meet is certainly a group effort and people's stuff (power cords, tables, chairs, etc especially) will be strewn through the house, I would highly advise you to mark your stuff in some way; a tag, sticker, directly marking with permanent marker, etc. Gear shouldn't be an issue, but feel free to mark anything you want.

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #558 of 615
I'd like to fill up the main rooms first and then the office. It's nice that it could be a quiet room, but everyone wants personal time with some equipment and that room is much smaller. 

These are as much a social event as they are about listening to gear so I don't want people all cramming into one room and not saying anything. 

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #560 of 615
I'd like to fill up the main rooms first and then the office. It's nice that it could be a quiet room, but everyone wants personal time with some equipment and that room is much smaller. 

These are as much a social event as they are about listening to gear so I don't want people all cramming into one room and not saying anything. 

Sounds good. Probably only default swt61 to the office, and use it for overflow only after that. Trust me when I say trying to audition K1000s even in fairly quiet meet rooms is almost pointless, lol.

Mar 7, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #561 of 615
Got the Fidelio L1s today. They are pretty nice. Make sure you check them out Saturday. These totally own for electronic music, the sense of beat is excellent. Going to leave them going til I have to pack up to get them loosened up as much as possible. The fit is very similar to Ultrasone Ed 9s in that it's technically circumaural but your ear just barely fits inside the pad.

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #562 of 615
Okay guys...because they're predicting rain all weekend nobody can park in the yard. It just means we will have to 'shuttle' a bit more. The first few people can park in the driveway but after that it'll need to be at the ball fields.

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #563 of 615
Yeah, mud would be bad. Please take care to have clean shoes.

Mar 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #564 of 615

Quote:
Yeah, mud would be bad. Please take care to have clean shoes.

They'll be clean when I get there.
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #565 of 615
Double post.  Nothing to see here.  :)

Also we're planning to bring an assortment of foodstuffs.  Anyone have any particular favorites from Central Market?  That's usually where we go for party treats.

Edit-  Actually I do have 1 question.  I was thinking of bringing my Sony SCD-CE595 SACD player to demo the FiiO E17 DAC when used with a CD/SACD source, but it sounds like there will be plenty of better players in attendance.  Still, mine is cheap and the difference it makes it pretty incredible (IMHO) so I may bring it along anyway. 

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #566 of 615
Man, that sucks. Can you still listen to them if you hold them up? Was curious to hear them.

Glad your pads came in. I'll try to help you with them if you need. Not sure how it will attach to a Thunderpants, though. Speaking of Stax parts I got my last of 3 replacement leather parts today, the arcs. I'd emailed Staxusa.com (Yama's) to see if their stock was brown or black but they never replied. I ordered a pair after they didn't reply since time was running out. Got them today and they are brown! So now my SR-007 looks brand new and in proper colors.

Got the L1s burning in, I think they've only been silent for about 10-20 minutes since I opened the box last night. Either I'm getting used to their sound or they are rapidly changing, but they sound better than when I first put them on. Really nice. Should have 40-50 hours on them by the time the meet starts.

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #567 of 615

Quote:
Double post.  Nothing to see here.  :)

Also we're planning to bring an assortment of foodstuffs.  Anyone have any particular favorites from Central Market?  That's usually where we go for party treats.

Edit-  Actually I do have 1 question.  I was thinking of bringing my Sony SCD-CE595 SACD player to demo the FiiO E17 DAC when used with a CD/SACD source, but it sounds like there will be plenty of better players in attendance.  Still, mine is cheap and the difference it makes it pretty incredible (IMHO) so I may bring it along anyway. 

I will chip in bucks for foodstuffs.  If it's edible, I eat it.
normal_smile .gif

I say bring the Sony.

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #568 of 615
I'll be heading up to Pflugerville tomorrow morning, so I'll have time to pick up any snack stuff needed as well, or I'm plenty happy to just chip in, either way works for me.

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #569 of 615
Just bring a little of anything. The more people bringing stuff the more interesting the variety. We have cups napkins plates, etc so just bring the food/drink.

Got my stuff about half packed. Will finish tonight and leave from work to head down tomorrow. Really looking forward to the meet and any after meet that happens.

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #570 of 615
It amuses me that this week seemed to never end.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back