Texas Meet (Saturday, March 10th, 2012) [Location Inside]
Mar 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #526 of 615
I'll be there at 8am-ish. People are welcome to start showing up at 830 or so. I'd think peak time would be 12 to 4 or so.

Also, just got my tax return. Can't decide if I want to spend it on my Emotiva mono blocks for my upcoming MMGs...or a pair of W3000ANVs. First world problems. Either way, some of it is going to more vinyl.

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #527 of 615
Morbid and I will be there at 8 or so to get things stuff like ID tables and main power cables run and a general floor plan started. The meet will officially start about 9. Most people will be there and setup by 10 at the latest. We're going to have a quiet hour after 'lunch' around 1 or 2 then start teardown at 5 and officially end at 6. Those who wish to go out to eat with the group will figure out carpooling then head back after dinner and part ways.

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #528 of 615

Your tag should say 'Co-Host' :D

Quote:
Morbid and I will be there at 8 or so to get things stuff like ID tables and main power cables run and a general floor plan started. The meet will officially start about 9. Most people will be there and setup by 10 at the latest. We're going to have a quiet hour after 'lunch' around 1 or 2 then start teardown at 5 and officially end at 6. Those who wish to go out to eat with the group will figure out carpooling then head back after dinner and part ways.

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #529 of 615
Nah, just helping out. Meet wouldn't be happening if you hadn't gotten it started.

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #530 of 615
Mar 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #532 of 615
I hold Morbid personally responsible for my spending spree lately. :wink:

Mar 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #533 of 615
Less than a week y'all!
atsmile.gif

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #535 of 615
Nametags are done. Just got a sheet of 5 waiting to see if anyone else comes to make a 6th before I print the last sheet. 35 confirmed at present. My count prior was off because I forgot about a couple rows at the top of my spreadsheet used for column headings. Just about perfect size.

We'll have a table somewhere near the entrance with name tags and, if you are showing gear, table ID for you to grab.

We're going to be Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box (as Radiohead put it) so please use table space conservatively, just make sure you don't cram too much into a spot or it will be awkward to try to listen to two rigs side by side. You know the thermal limitations of your gear. This stuff is going to be on for about 8-9 hours so don't try to be a hero by stacking too much and causing yourself a problem with temperatures. If we start running out of table space we can have some of the locals who volunteered go grab their spare tables. If you have folding chairs please bring those as well. I'm going to try to fit about 4-5 in my car with all my other crap.

Mar 5, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #536 of 615
Well, after the mini-meet in Houston, I NEED to spend about $6k... question is, how much can I sell?   :)

I _should_ be there between 9-10, depending on whether I come down Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.

Mar 5, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #537 of 615
As of now, the prediction is for thunderbumpers.  So bring quality power strips if you have or share a table.

With any luck and given the accuracy of predicting Texas weather--it will be warm and sunny...or there will be baseball size hail and a tornado!

Mar 5, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #539 of 615
Whats up with the Marantz? Thought you loved it?

Mar 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #540 of 615
Yeah I was just about to edit the post...I kind of don't want to sell it. lol

Not sure why that went through my head. I guess I was thinking that I could get something without all the bells and whistles for less? I don't know. Ignore me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back