Test your hearing
Jun 30, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #16 of 198
I've taken this before, if I remember, I missed two I think. Not very good considering I'm a musician.

The other two tests aren't working, though.

Jun 30, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #17 of 198
Don't know if i want to take the others after that first one...

Jun 30, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #18 of 198
tone perception 85.3
adaptive pitch .75 hz
rhythm perception 86
1st time was with computer speakers did poorly quit before ended
2nd time with grado sr60
3rd time was with hd280 best score but also had done it twice already

Jun 30, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #19 of 198
Tone Perception: 94.4% Exceptional Performance
Adaptive Pitch: 1.5Hz Very Good
Rhythm Perception: 84% Outstanding Performance

sweet, better than i figured I'd do with no musical training and all
tongue.gif

tests run using Darth Beyers hooked to Corda Aria using USB DAC

Jun 30, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #20 of 198
91.7% - Excellent on the Tone Perception test.
2.7hz - Normal on the Pitch Perception test.
72% - Very Good on the Rythm Perception test.

Holy... How are people getting so good on the Pitch Perception test?? The 1.5hz ones sounded exactly the same to me...

Jun 30, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #23 of 198
oh i did these a few months ago when someone posted it in a music production forum (actually they didnt have the rhythm test on the site yet). I don't know about other people but I actually had a really hard time getting any wrong on the adaptive pitch test. I think the tests are a little easy.

Jun 30, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #24 of 198
tone - 75%
pitch - 1.75 Hz
rhythm - 80%

would it be "cheating" if you did the same test twice on the same equipment if you dont remember your answers the last time you did it? the rhythm test was the only one which i got a better than "normal" score on which ironically i found to be the hardest.

Jun 30, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #25 of 198
well there is no way you CAN know the answers, except by listening, because it does not tell you what is what at the end so no it's not cheating, especially if you know you were distracted or messed up the first time around or something...

personally, I found the tone test the hardest, rhythm second hardest and pitch the easiest.

Jun 30, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #26 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well there is no way you CAN know the answers, except by listening, because it does not tell you what is what at the end so no it's not cheating, especially if you know you were distracted or messed up the first time around or something...

personally, I found the tone test the hardest, rhythm second hardest and pitch the easiest.

if you take it more than once it becomes significantly easier. Try for yourself.

Jun 30, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #28 of 198
76% rhythm,
75% tone (didn't listen very carefully)
1.95 Hz adaptive pitch

Jun 30, 2007 at 7:35 AM Post #29 of 198
All these tests have been posted here before.

With MS1 I got 1.275 with pitch perception. Open headphones + noisy computer next to me, quite good results.

Didnt take the other two cuz they really dont have anything to do with testing hearing, but more musical and rythmic memory. Both are quite weak for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 8:27 AM Post #30 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All these tests have been posted here before.

With MS1 I got 1.275 with pitch perception. Open headphones + noisy computer next to me, quite good results.

Didnt take the other two cuz they really dont have anything to do with testing hearing, but more musical and rythmic memory. Both are quite weak for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree,the gap between the 2 riffs was too long.The pitch is easy since
you can replay it with a click of a button.I'm old so memory comes into
play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back