Test your hearing range 20Hz-22KHz
Aug 6, 2011 at 10:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Ndumagr8

Head-Fier
Has anyone else tested this http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=20680, my hearing can reach 20KHz
biggrin.gif
, which is wierd coz I always listen to metal at almost full blast. My niece's hearing reaches 22KHz(I'm jealous). You'll have to sign up though to hear all the frequencies upto 22KHz so u hv to download, otherwise if u dnt it will just cut off at 17KHz, if you use the flash player. You'll need a high quality source too.

Aug 6, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #2 of 22
22khz is impossible by human standards. If she can hear sounds at that frequency, then there is something wrong with the soundcard configurations. With wrong configurations, I can hear sounds at 22khz as well, although my actual limit is 18.5khz

Aug 6, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #5 of 22
It's rare? Well now I'm not so sure, it's 128 MP3 file, I cranked my Zen upto 25 and listened thru my Kramer modded PortaPros. I definately hear something at 20Khz and 19Khz like a faint , though when he says '21KHz' when the Zen is at 25 volume level, I pray for death, I've never removed my headphones so fast. There goes my hearing range
tongue.gif

Aug 6, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #6 of 22
I'd recommend trying a different software, your soundcard could be doing something to the sound. If you are sure that there is nothing wrong with your software, then I must congratulate you for having ears wayyyyyy healthier than the average human being.

Aug 7, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #14 of 22
Be very careful with this.

Even if you can't hear an ultra high frequency, you can perceive it as sound pressure if you crank the volume loud enough. But just because you can't hear it, it doesn't mean that it isn't loud enough to cause hearing damage. It's too easy to take a high frequency tone and crank it up until you can feel the sound pressure and fry your ears. Leave the volume pot at the same level you would for lower frequncies.

Ability to hear up to 20kHz doesn't enhance listening to music and it isn't something to feel superior about. The frequencies below 14kHz are infinitely more important than the ones above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back