Test your headphone/ear/PC
Jul 28, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #16 of 29
+15db because i'd choose the first one then it'd fail to load the samples when the page refreshed
rolleyes.gif

I remember doing this exact test a few years ago w/ Nforce2 Soundstorm onboard and some crappy JVC clipons and getting -24db though
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #18 of 29
-36db on pop test with sb live sc :] there's many different options for sounds your comparing so you guys should write to which one you were listening.I also found that I can hear better odd number of db distortion if you know what I mean
blink.gif
(sorry for my english) as i got to -36 and then couldn't point out almost any of odd numbers ...

Jul 28, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #19 of 29
-36db on pop test with sb live sc :] there's many different options for sounds your comparing so you guys should write to which one you were listening.I also found that I can hear better odd number of db distortion if you know what I mean
blink.gif
(sorry for my english) as i got to -36 and then couldn't point out almost any of odd numbers ...

Jul 28, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #21 of 29
Ok, I tested my speakers and the best I got was -21dB, but -18 the next time. I tried changing my card to 192 oversampling (was at 44.1 before) and didn't make any difference. Below -18 I just can't tell them apart at all.
frown.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #23 of 29
-42 on "terz" (my best of the different options) using sig line rig (sans iPod, 'course). (My last answer or two possibly owing to sheer luck, as it was gettin' mighty difficult.)

Interesting how the test struck me as the aural equivalent of determining an original check with safety background vs. real thing. It's hard to explain, but I quickly found myself looking for telltale "false patterns" with my ears. Fun!

Jul 28, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #25 of 29
-18db using my PowerBooks built in speakers.
tongue.gif

No way to get non-iTunes sound into my headphone rig, so the test end here for me.

Jul 28, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #26 of 29
39 is where I actually could tell the difference, guessed further down. But guessed 2 correctly but wont go lower number because those were pure guesses.

HD650 X-fi and a cMOY amp in relatively noisy environment, pc, fan and ac.

Jul 28, 2007 at 11:39 AM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by eightbitpotion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-33 on my un-modded audigy 2 without a failure.... default music. But I only have like 50 hours on my K701s
frown.gif
...I think that's holding me back v_v.

Did anyone else check out the stats?

-33 is well to the right of the mean.

In other words, you done good..

And FWIW, I used the default settings for speakers..

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:25 AM Post #29 of 29
Well I did -18 on pop and -45 on terz, which even surprised me (using my RS-1's through my M-Audio Revo).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back