Test tones 12-120hz, see how deep your bass goes!
Jan 12, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #62 of 78
My D2 > E530 with the EQ on flat, volume at 25, I can hear a slight rumble at 20hz.

With my normal EQ on at the same volume, I can defo hear something at 15hz.

Jan 14, 2009 at 9:42 AM Post #63 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by The-One /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm now waiting for someone with a UE11 to post in this thread lol.

On moderate volume (not cranking it) I can CLEARLY hear the tone down to 23hz. By clearly I mean that I can scale the tone up in my head by one or two octaves and tell what note it is: C, D etc.

Below 23hz it's just vibrations to me.

Jan 14, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #64 of 78
interesting you should all test your low frequencies, but it may be fitting to test the high frequencies also, the reason i say this is because i played a 16khz tone through my se530 and it was as loud and clear and very nearly painful to listen to...just strange considering the rolled highs it shows with music playing. although a 15khz tone was louder.

Jan 14, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #65 of 78
Test tones don't really tell you anything by themselves. Probably even the lowest grade headphone/IEM can reproduce 20hz or 18khz at some input level, but those tones could still be 20 dB down from their 1khz response and thus the unit wouldn't exactly be hi-fi. The fact that they can simply reproduce a single frequency is pretty useless in and of itself.

Jan 14, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #66 of 78
ah..Rapidshare is blocked in singapore

Mar 3, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #67 of 78
Here are some awesome bass/subwoofer tests and songs!WELCOME TO MY BASS TESTING PAGE
darthsmile.gif
All the M Audio Q40 owners you gotta hear how they vibrate with these bass booming tracks!

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #69 of 78
Ok, so I just put in my Westone ES3X, plugged them into a built-in soundcard on some PC at a library I am currently at and gave these tones a shot. I think I have a fairly good seal with my ES3X, since I can hear 50 Hz and 500 Hz and about the same level in Sensaphonics seal test.The soundcard does produce audible background noise. These tones show that my left ear begins to roll off slowly but surely at around 60Hz, while my left - at around 45 Hz or so. 60 Hz is loud and clear in both ears. At 50 Hz, I can definitely hear more in my right ear - my left is already a few db down. At 40 Hz, the situation is similar to that at 50 Hz, but my left ear is even quieter now compared to my right. 35 Hz is barely there is my left ear. I can still hear it fine in my right ear if I turn the volume up a bit. At 35 Hz and below, my left ear is completely quiet. The lowest that I seem to be able to hear with my right is about 25 Hz, but it's so quiet that I am not even sure whether I am not just imagining that I am hearing something. Anything below 25 Hz is inaudible to my ears.

Oct 19, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #71 of 78
Quote:

Test tones don't really tell you anything by themselves. Probably even the lowest grade headphone/IEM can reproduce 20hz or 18khz at some input level, but those tones could still be 20 dB down from their 1khz response and thus the unit wouldn't exactly be hi-fi. The fact that they can simply reproduce a single frequency is pretty useless in and of itself.

Agreed. Moreover, there's a difference between producing a low frequency, and producing the *correct* low frequency. If the instrument is playing a contra C and your phones are sounding a smear of tones across the octave, you might have a lot of bass, but it's a lot of bad bass, that low-end howl we associate with cheap, bassy phones.

My Senn CX500s have far more volume in the sub-100hz than my SE530s. The Shures, though, nail the right notes, and omit the wrong ones, making them the better phones by far.

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #74 of 78
Like ILikeMusic said this is completely useless, the tone has nothing to do with headphone response... 2 headphones rated at 20Hz can sound completely different/bassier that one another. Furthermore if you can hear under 20Hz you have a poor source, plugging my headphones directly into my soundcard I can here them all, with my DAC I can't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back