Test Monster Turbine Pro Headphones!
Dec 3, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #92 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be VERY suprised if they sounded anything like "pro" quality earphones. Given the other items in Monster's headphone line (dr dre iems, lady gaga iems) and the supposed emphasis on looks, I cant logically think to myself that they'd much different than skullcandys (which follow the same strategy). If I'm wrong, I'd be the first to Praise Monster up and down on this board and others, but I'd have to hear it to believe it. (And I've heard a TON of earphones).

I've heard the Turbine at CanJam, and while they didn't blow me away they didn't suck either. I chose not to buy them because I had to pay for my HD800 and HF-2 at the time, and the $100 CanJam deal was probably worth it. But I never dismiss or talk down a product based on it's brand or price without hearing it first. You would do well to do the same.

Dec 3, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #93 of 131
Agreed here. I would only talk down a product if it really is a product that isn't worth it and perform to it's descriptions. I honestly wouldn't assume a product is similar to the rest of the product line just because it's the same brand.

Dec 4, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #94 of 131
UPDATE: Thanks to everyone for all of the great responses, feedback and submissions! Please note that while we will be keeping this thread open for the month, the review submission process is now closed.

If you have been selected as a reviewer, we will be contacting you shortly. Thanks again for your interest in Monster and the Turbine Pros!

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #95 of 131
I'd love to eat my words, and if I was impressed by them, I'd be the first to sing their praises, but I just cant believe they'd be as good as some of the more respected brands...

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #96 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to eat my words, and if I was impressed by them, I'd be the first to sing their praises, but I just cant believe they'd be as good as some of the more respected brands...

I would suggest that no matter what one feels the track record might be - good or bad, the best way to approach a new product is with a neutral disposition. That way, you are more truthful to yourself, the manufacturer and much more importantly, the people who would ultimately read your thoughts/feelings. Reviewing or not, I really feel one should own the words posted by them with a sense of responsibility. I would hate to bias a potential user based on having thoughts WITHOUT actually hearing the product.

In short, if you haven't heard it....you don't have an opinion to offer at all. It's just a common courtesy towards an enthusiast community.
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #97 of 131
Has anyone been contacted for the review yet?

Dec 4, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #99 of 131
I was confirmed to be a reviewer earlier this morning.
smily_headphones1.gif

I did forget to ask them how soon (or how late) they wanted the reviews typed out, though.

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #100 of 131
Hmmm, no luck for me then
frown.gif
was looking forward to do comparisons to the Phiaton PS200 which i still think is currently the best $250 earphones on the market today.

Dec 5, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #101 of 131
Hey, don't worry - I didn't hear back either and I'm almost a "reviewerus prolificus" like Skylab. I once asked for a custom title that says, "Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of headphones?" (from Three Amigos)
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #104 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems like I will be doing a review. I was notified yesterday...looking forward to it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was confirmed to be a reviewer earlier this morning.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be reviewing a pair.

M'kay, so that's three out of the four...
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back